The Walking Dead - AMC

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
It struck as a very clear sign of how rough things are that nobody hugged Carl at the end. I don't particularly like Carl (although he's been pretty awesome this season so far), but not even his father hugged him. It's a good sign of the world they're living in.

I'm a very distrusting person, so there's no way I'd be all happy/flirty like Andrea is around a bunch of strangers. It's a rough world and people shoot you first and ask questions later. Why would you trust these people? I would at least be cautious. She's ready to throw herself at this guy. I think she's an idiot.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
heh, well I guess she's lonely, for a minute there I thought she might throw herself at Merle... :O

Now people must go out and die to find formula or milk or something. I bet they send Glen.

Did they ever say if the baby was a boy or girl?

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
The baby's a girl, according to the trailer for next week. Poor T, RIP.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
T-Dog, no!

Several "Holy crap!" moments in this episode. So many times, this show's gone just a little further than I thought they would.

(Notice how the episode title, "Killer Within", works in more than one way?)

When Carl prepares to put a bullet through his mother's head, they had a flashback to the farm, last year -- and, Christ, that seems idyllic by comparison.

So, Carol's whereabouts are unknown, but she's become a pretty good survivor, so we'll see.

I lost track of the mustachioed inmate (the one who claims to be a nonviolent offender who just "likes his pharmaceuticals"). Not sure if he made it or not. But the other inmate has surely earned a place in the group by now.

The Governor (Phillip, apparently) mentioned, "It's just my daughter and me". So, are they going to go to the same place with his daughter as in the comic?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Now look what you did, Manuel! I'm going to have to watch it again to see where that mustachioed feller ran off to. He was with the other inmate, but in the end, when they are all in the courtyard, I don't remember seeing him there.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I also have to admit, both deaths really bothered me. I felt horrible for T-Dog, but I saw that walker coming up behind him and just knew it was gonna get him. Once it did, I knew there was no hope for him.

As far as Lori, I think I was just wishing that somehow, someone would come to her rescue. I know a lot of people don't like her. I get why, but that was horrible.

It didn't help that my wife who doesn't like the show ended up watching it with me last night and she had this look of abject horror on her face at that point.

Afterwards she was so upset, she said to my daughter, "They just gutted that poor woman, and then her son shot her!"

My daughter was like, "Wait, her son shot her? Who was just born?"

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bawled for Lori. As much as I didn't like her, as a mom, I found her goodbye speech to Carl heartbreaking.

Yes, her speech was heartbreaking. I agree. I'm a mom and it made me cry, hearing her saying goodbye to her son.

When the episode was over I was wondering who is going to stay alive on this show. One by one they're getting killed off.

My husband and I were also saying we thought it was odd that the group didn't think about baby formula before this point. I suppose they assumed Lori would live and she could breast-feed, but I think they also knew there was a possibility she might die in childbirth.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Well, that was my favorite episode of the season so far. Not sure what that says about me! Then again, I'm a reader of the comics, so I was practically counting down the days until it was time for Lori to bite it. Not because I hated Lori, though. I didn't mind her as much as everyone else seemed to. She was definitely more bearable in the comics, though.

knporter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
knporter.blogspot.com
I agree the last episode was definitely the best so far this season. Not because of the death's of Lori and T-Dog but because it's getting real now. First thought Andrea should just stay with the Gov'ner and Michonne should go to the prison with the rest and it would be perfect. I am excited to see what they decide to do about the Gov'ners daughter. There are so many questions left to be answered.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the room full of floating heads would take the freak-everyone-out creepy place of the Governor's daughter, but have you guys heard that she'll actually show up, too?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the room full of floating heads would take the freak-everyone-out creepy place of the Governor's daughter, but have you guys heard that she'll actually show up, too?

He told Andrea that his wife was dead and it was just him and his daughter now.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Why does nobody feel bad for Maggie?
What'd I miss? Hershel, Beth, and Glenn are still alive.

ETA: Well, I'm stupid. I forgot that Maggie had to perform an emergency Caesarian section, fatal to the mother (as they almost always used to be, before modern surgery).

After surviving on the road through most of her pregnancy, it looked like they'd finally found a safe place for the birth ... and then the writers come up with the absolute worst possible moment for Lori to go into labor. Tough day.

Last edited:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

She went through something traumatic, but that's par for the undead course. She's lost less than many of them. However, I thought her reaction when she was holding the baby was heartbreaking and real.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
While they have their differences, the group is a family now. And having to gut one of your family members is, putting it lightly, devastating and having to do it in front of the family member's child...oh man. And even though Lori (and the baby) would've died anyway if Maggie had done nothing, I'm sure that she feels as if she murdered her. The guilt alone would probably kill you. Especially after seeing Rick's reaction to her death. But I think all of my "feeling sorry" emotions got spent on Rick and Carl. :Shrug:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I actually do feel badly for Maggie. What a horrible thing to go through and I'm sure she'll feel responsible for the baby now.

But it wasn't her loss. It was Carl's and Rick's.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That's the first time we've seen Rick really break down. How much can one man take?

(Of course, by this time everybody in the group, including Carl, has been close to death more times, and seen more horrible things, than most combat troops in an active war theatre. Everybody should have severe PTSD, constantly aggravated by being chased by goddamn flesh-eating walking corpses.)

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if he claims Shana (that's what I'm calling the baby until we know her name).

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if he claims Shana (that's what I'm calling the baby until we know her name).

I'm assuming something like: He hates the baby at first, because he isn't sure if it is his and because it killed his wife (who he was angry with, but you know, love and all that). Then something will happen, where it will tug at his heartstrings and will bring it into his pride.

OR

Zombie food. (I feel dirty for writing that)

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Something said on a fan blog got me thinking; [paraphrased] "if the baby were Shane's Lori might have been written to live so there would be conflict between her and Rick (as if there wasn't already). But seeing as Lori is gone, it's likely she is Rick's."

Either way, she's Carl's little sister and is pretty much Rick's from here on out, as far as I'm concerned. :Shrug:

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
This is why you don't get pregnant during the apocalypse. A very stupid thing to do. Except for Maggie, the women in the group are all idiots (that includes Andrea)

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
This is why you don't get pregnant during the apocalypse. A very stupid thing to do. Except for Maggie, the women in the group are all idiots (that includes Andrea)

This. Why is Andrea getting all wet in the panties over yet another psychopath? Ok. She doesn't know about the bulletholes or the aquarium of heads but have some common sense woman! You're asking Merle if the Governor's a good man? WTF?

I fast forwarded through Lori's death scene. Nothing she could say on her death bed that I'd find remotely interesting. She's going to the great zombie free palace in the sky leaving behind a zombie dinner bell for the rest of the group to care for. Is Maggie going to spontaneously start lactating so the baby can eat? Will they find a women's wing to this prison that's stocked with formula? No wait. A random cow will wander by and one legged Hershel will rope it in. Ha! Problem solved.

I should've known T-dog was gonna die when he started getting characterization. *sigh* So typical.

I'm beginning to hate this show but can't stop watching. Damn you Walking Dead!