The Walking Dead - AMC

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
When the Govenor was brushing her hair, she had no restraints or anything on and she was rather tame about the whole thing until he pulled off part of her scalp. Why wasn't she trying to eat him? Why was she just sitting there letting him brush her hair? And why isn't he worried about getting scratched or something? She could have easily scratched him when she grabbed his arms.
I suspect this has a lot to do with the experiments and perhaps the "tea". It seems this little tangent is the gun on the mantel that has to be fired by Act III.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
God, I hope Rick beats the shit out of the governor (or Andrea wakes up and wastes him).

No idea what will happen between Merle and Daryl. I'm hoping either Merle comes around (though after what he did to Glen, I'm not wanting to like him), or, Daryl kills him.

I did wonder, when Andrea was with the science-guy running a test, why she didn't say, "Hey, guess what, we actually saw this video, you know, when we were in this CDC lockdown place, of a guy who ran all these tests on walkers and, yeah.... the dude's gone. Won't be coming back."

I do think the science guy will end up helping Andrea. Seems to be leading up to that.

If I were pushed to make a guess, I would say that Daryl will kill his brother in some tear-jerker scene where he is having to make a choice between saving one of his current gang and big bro.

Yeah it's definitely setting up a brother fighting against brother type of thing. Another war. Awesome.

It's sad with sibling relationships become strained, but it happens. I wouldn't be too hurt if Daryl ended up taking Merle out. I see it coming to that, also.

I just hope Daryl doesn't go over the edge like Rick when he had to take out his [metaphorical] bro. I'd imagine his downward spiral and guilt would be 10x as bad.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. Daryl has seen the good that can come. If this had been pre-Kick.Ass (aka Judith) and pre-Carol-is-alive . . . back when he was pissed about losing Sophia and Carol and then Lori went too, I would agree. But, he's the nice, baby-holding Daryl now that wants to kick some ass for the future. That's how I see it at least. Him offing Merle, though it is his brother, would probably be cathartic in a good way.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect this has a lot to do with the experiments and perhaps the "tea". It seems this little tangent is the gun on the mantel that has to be fired by Act III.

Yeah, I thought about the tea...but if it had that affect then why didn't they use it on Mr. Coleman before he passed? I think it would've helped if he would've been calm during the experiments.

Daryl being the younger brother, I imagine has probably always taken orders from big brother and it'd take a lot of balls to stand up to him. Not to mention, I can only guess that Merle probably saved his life many times after the end of civilization-- taught him how to be tough and how to survive. They are blood--brothers, that's a bond not easily severed and at first sight or knowledge that his brother is alive, he's going to be relieved and happy to see him. But push come to shove I think he'll take him out if it means the lives of his group and lil' ass kicker. And while no one will mourn the loss of Merle, it's going to be heartbreaking.

I don't even know what all is going to happen, but I already feel so bad for Daryl, . :'(

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! It's Sunday again. Which makes me happy and sad at the same time. Does anyone know how long the break will be? I'm already having withdrawal symptoms. :/

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Two months...that's not too bad, if you say it quick. :/

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I heard it's not back til Feb. Say it ain't so :(

disappointed.gif

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
Ya, it's usually early Feb... at least it'll be back for what 6 more eps... unlike sons of anarchy which season finale is on tuesday and then i have to wait til sept to see it again /cry.... SoA is thee best show on tv, and gets better every season.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Just a little over an hour before the family themed episode of The Walking Dead. We get to see Penny! And Daryl and Merle are reunited. Yay!

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Wow. Bit of a cliff-hanger. It's going to be a long two months.

So Tyrese is in the picture. Good casting. (And using his signature ordinary claw hammer from the comics, which I always thought was silly. I like everybody finding their preferred hand-to-hand weapon, but except for Michonne, I haven't seen any really good choices.)

ETA: And for God's sake, people, stop running around with bare arms! A simple leather or denim jacket is almost impossible to bite through; it could save your life. (We're not dealing with lions and tigers. Walkers have ordinary human teeth.)

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Aaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

So my debut novel comes out in February and The Walking Dead comes back then, too.

Which one is driving me more crazy tonight?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Michone really needs to learn to friggin' talk! I mean really. How hard would it have been for her to say that she came back with her old friends to rescue Glen & Maggie from the one handed bandit and that he wanted to let Andrea know that her knew boot knockin' buddy was just a wee bit bonkers?

Or for that matter, when Rick was upset with her at the end to tell him that she tried to grab a friend of hers to get out.

So I get to see the Gov. with that patch after all. If there is a parrot to be found, he and Hershel are gonna fight for it. Or just play Rock, Paper, scissors, Lizard, Spock, Walker.

Rick is clearly not yet fully in touch with his marbles.

And Merle must feel like a complete moron. Which he is, but at least now he knows it.

And and Carol and the creepy prisoner. Is the fact that their up in the gaurd tower together means that she's considering hooking up with creepo, is hooking up with creepo or just that creepo is now following her around?

As far as the new ppl are concerned: Did the younger guy yell Mom! when that chick got bit? And the other one is the father? Is the son together with the daughter like in the comic? Are they going to try & kill each other like then too?

Yeah, it's going to be a long wait till February.

Whited out pretty everything.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Andrea is still a dumbass. Check
Michonne is awesome. Check

Daryl and Merle. Holy cow. How is this going to turn out. Perhaps Merle will do the right thing and make the big sacrifice after all. It's hard to say.

I'm interested in the new group. They seem to have their shit together.

Carl continues to please me.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Oh man. What an episode! I have nothing to add other than February can't get here fast enough.

(And yes, I was thrilled to see that Tyreese had his claw hammer! Nice, if throwaway, nods to the comics with the names "Donna" and "Allen" for two of Tyreese's crew.)

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Wait, who was who? Donna & Allen?

I'm wondering if the new kid will be the one who takes the place of Hershels son when the Gov attacks the prison.

Andrea really needs to send a fruit basket to Michonne to say "Sorry, my bad." Assuming she gets out of Woodbury.

Great episode. Great cliffhanger in that I loved it and hated the fact that I gotta wait.

How old is Carl? He clearly has eyes for Beth, but isn't she older? (And taller?) Not that there's a whole lot of people to choose from to ask to the prom.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Wait, who was who? Donna & Allen?

According to AMC's Walking Dead site: "A burly survivor, Tyreese, his younger sister Sasha, and their fellow survivors Ben, Allen and Donna, fight their way through a walker herd in the forest. Donna gets bitten and the group takes refuge in a crumbling building: it's the back side of the prison."

In the comics, Donna and Allen are married and have twin boys, Billy and Ben. They're part of Shane's original group outside of Atlanta. Donna dies early in the series from a Walker bite.

(Also in the comics, Tyreese doesn't have a sister named Sasha, but he does have a daughter named Julie, who is dating a boy named Chris.)

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
ETA: And for God's sake, people, stop running around with bare arms! A simple leather or denim jacket is almost impossible to bite through; it could save your life. (We're not dealing with lions and tigers. Walkers have ordinary human teeth.)

This. No really THIS!!!

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Possibly this show should get a special award for fake limbs. I've never messed around with a rotting corpse, so I don't know how hard it is to break an arm off so the radius and ulna poke out, but I imagine it'd look a lot like that.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite parts of the episodes were The Governor getting his eye stabbed, making him look a little like the comic image; Rick seeing Shane in his distorted reality; and the last scene of Daryl and Merle literally in the ring pit against each other. Loved that last scene and the facial expressions and reactions.

I'd like to kill Andrea now. Again.

Carl is becoming more and more awesome. So hard. Yet still pretty sensible. A good leader in the making.

I'm liking the Tyreese and Sasha characters so far from the snippets we got.

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I liked the way Tyrese saw that Carl was more man than boy. "His house. His rules." showed that he recognized that the old way of making assumptions about people is gone. In this new world it's entirely possible a young boy could be a leader and responsible. Unlike Tyrese's friend who still looks at Carl as only a child and easily overcome. Silly man. I guess he wasn't paying attention when Carl shot a bunch of walkers to save his ass.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone see the preview for Feb. show? Carl tells Rick that he shouldn't be leader anymore...so, Carl is going to overthrow him and take on that role? I'm not so sure Rick or Daryl will go for that, no matter how mature and sensible the boy has become. That is if Daryl lives. :/ But I think he will.