I queried an agent I shouldn't have - what now?

tessa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to querying. Before I found AW and P&E, I queried an agent I shouldn't have (borderline reputation in the industry and some questionable practices). I haven't heard back yet, but in the meantime I've had some requests for fulls and partials from excellent agents. What should I do about my query to the not-so-excellent agent? I won't send them anything more, but they do have 3 chapters and a synopsis. Would it be acceptable to withdraw it, or should I wait and see if they reject me first.

Many thanks!

Tessa

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
There's no need to do anything. If they ask for more, you can just say that the manuscript is no longer available, but thanks anyway.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, as Perks said, you don't have to do anything. Concentrate on the other requests for partials and fulls, maybe send some other queries (to top notch agents), and if they come back wanting you to send more, send back a polite note telling them it isn't available anymore, but thanks for their time and consideration, it was appreciated.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There's no need to withdraw it but you can if you'd feel more comfortable doing so.

tessa

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you

Thanks for the prompt and helpful answers, and a general thank you to all the wise people here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience - it is much appreciated.

Tessa

stargazer11

Registered
Reaction score
Stick with your gut feeling. If your gut says 'no' then it's no...