Winner's Circle 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Where you pick up your trophy :Trophy:get some kisses from your cheerleaders (male, female, up to you) :e2cheer: pour some Gatorade over your coach's head :e2Order: and don't forget to do that victory lap :e2woo: A little dancing may be in order too :snoopy: because you made it! :TheWave: Celebrate! :PartySmil

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohmygahd, first draft ends right at 50,002. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*flops over*

I don't dare to imagine what editing this is going to be like, but right now, WHEEEEEEE!!!!

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, PuttPutt!

I hit 50k on Day 9, so here's my celebration: :hooray:

thisprovinciallife

hi! i'm reese.
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy:

Congrats Putputt, Ashley, and Jiloa!

This is my first Nano, and at first I didn't believe that people actually end up writing more than they normally would. So these threads are all super crazy and exciting!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
:partyguy:

Congrats Putputt, Ashley, and Jiloa!

This is my first Nano, and at first I didn't believe that people actually end up writing more than they normally would. So these threads are all super crazy and exciting!

Oh yeah, some people overwrite like crazy, doing multiple stories. Some people finish up with 250k or more. I have major respect for them. I barely drag myself over the finish line every year.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
A big congratulations to Putputt, Jilio, and Ashley for being the first group of writers from AW to hit 50k!

I know Putputt first draft is done, but Jillio and Ashley, are ya'll going to keep going till first draft is done or just writing stuff until the end of the month? Just curious.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Just hit 50k. :)

Draft isn't done and I still have write-ins to go to (and to host...) so I'm going to keep going and maybe get to 75k by the end of the month using a slightly slower pace, but it feels nice getting to 50k without having to write 10k on the last day in order to validate at the last minute. *cough* last year *cough* :tongue

~Amber~

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score

Draft isn't done and I still have write-ins to go to (and to host...) so I'm going to keep going and maybe get to 75k by the end of the month using a slightly slower pace, but it feels nice getting to 50k without having to write 10k on the last day in order to validate at the last minute. *cough* last year *cough* :tongue

~Amber~

Congratulations!

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YAAAYY!!! I've been spending the day working on a short story, and it feels so freeing. :D Wheeee!!

Oh yeah, some people overwrite like crazy, doing multiple stories. Some people finish up with 250k or more. I have major respect for them. I barely drag myself over the finish line every year.

That is insane. I honestly can't even think of writing another novel for the next two, three months. Good lord.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score

~Amber~

Awesome! I still can't believe you doubled your word count last weekend. 0.o

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com

~Amber~

What what!!!! Woo yeah. More to the party. Congrats!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Puttputt, you might want to check the unofficial word count validator, if you haven't already, to make sure your word count isn't counted as lower. It cuts a few hundred words off mine. I use Scrivener, which counts higher than, say, Word, due to how they count words.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to post when I won, but this thread wasn't here yet and I felt it would just look like I was bragging to create it, lol.

Anyway, I got 50k early on November 4th. My goal for the month is 333k, and I'm about to pass 150k right now. I actually don't think I write that fast, since I'm heavily involved in the NaNo Overachiever group and some of them write much faster than I do. Then I stick my head out of Overachiever-land for a minute and realize that normal people do not, in fact, write for 12 hours straight every day and discuss their word goals in fractions of a million, lol.

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Puttputt, you might want to check the unofficial word count validator, if you haven't already, to make sure your word count isn't counted as lower. It cuts a few hundred words off mine. I use Scrivener, which counts higher than, say, Word, due to how they count words.

Ah, good point. Thank you!

I wanted to post when I won, but this thread wasn't here yet and I felt it would just look like I was bragging to create it, lol.

Anyway, I got 50k early on November 4th. My goal for the month is 333k, and I'm about to pass 150k right now. I actually don't think I write that fast, since I'm heavily involved in the NaNo Overachiever group and some of them write much faster than I do. Then I stick my head out of Overachiever-land for a minute and realize that normal people do not, in fact, write for 12 hours straight every day and discuss their word goals in fractions of a million, lol.

That is insaaaaaane! How do you keep your elbows and wrists and shoulders and neck from not hating you??

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
How do you keep your elbows and wrists and shoulders and neck from not hating you??

Please tell us, Chasing. I really kind of need to know. :tongue

:partyguy: Party for the winners. Fingers crossed I join y'all early next week.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. :)

Awesome! I still can't believe you doubled your word count last weekend. 0.o

I can't believe it either. 0.o I feel like I keep having to check back every couple hours or so to make sure I'm not hallucinating those words... But they're there. :tongue

~Amber~

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
That is insaaaaaane! How do you keep your elbows and wrists and shoulders and neck from not hating you??
I really don't have an answer for that. I work sitting on the couch using a laptop, default keyboard layout and everything. The only special equipment I use are wrist braces (the flexible kind, not the ones that don't let your wrists bend at all). The only thing that hurts a little bit at the end of the day are my fingertips from impacting the keys so many times.

Digging back in my brain, I used to have a lot of arm pain when I used an actual computer desk with a keyboard tray. Then the keyboard tray broke and I had to set the keyboard in my lap instead. I've kept my keyboard or laptop in my lap ever since and I've never had arm or shoulder pain from typing again. Who knows if this would work for anyone else, though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.