DecNoWriMo 2014!

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My goals are fairly small for Dec. it also helps me keep on track if I participate in the monthly goal thread too. Got in a writing slump end of the month and I finally picked my WIP back up yesterday. I'm determined to write myself out of this.

1- Finish draft 1.5 of my Nano.
2- Make 5 "Man candy" promo pics for my 2015 book release. They are fairly easy to make, just quotes from the novel over half naked hotties. I just get easily distracted when looking at pics of hot men and forget the reason I was looking in the first place.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Do reading sports articles count? I've spent the last few hours (the internet seriously sucks you in!) reading college football articles. The latest playoff ranks were quite controversial.

Other than that, didn't get any writing done today. Bad me.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
My December goals are to finish the first draft of my NaNo book (I'm 90% there), then get back to the novel I was editing before NaNo took over.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Reading every day is pretty much what I want to do, write a new manuscript, while revising NaNoWriMo.

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
ok, delurking. :)

I want to start to read Outlander.
I want to edit a couple of chapters of my NaNo novel. But I am quickly losing track of what I even wrote, it is fading in my memory fast. So I need to get on that, right away. At least, I need to scribble down notes about what to edit/rewrite. Maybe I should print out the novel and re-read it? Hmm.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I haven't gotten any writing done for the last two days, though I haven't really been lazy. I've been catching up on all the undone work that was left during NaNo when I was too busy to do anything else. I've caught up on most of it in just two days, so I don't think that's too bad. But yeah, today writing must resume if I intend to make my December goal.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
No writing or editing the last few days, but I did get on to play WoW last night and have started my garrison.

That's... kinda progress... :tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Still haven't touched my WIP, but I have been productive - cleaning, sorting out paperwork, and buying necessary groceries. I figure today will be a wash by the time I've finished cleaning (still more to do...), but then tomorrow maybe I'll feel less guilty about doing whatever I feel like doing. Maybe? I mean, I've applied for jobs yesterday, done cleaning today, so tomorrow really ought to be a "me" day, right?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
A couple of days late, but better late than never eh!

My List For The Month:
  • Two Short stories 0/2
  • Two Blog Serials to post in January 0/2
  • Four Adult Blog Posts 0/4
  • Four YA Blog Posts 0/4
  • Four Chapters YA Novel Of Choice (only one novel!) 0/4
  • 5K Single Adult Novel of Choice 0/5k
  • Read Three Books 0/3

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
My goals for the month:

30,000 words in this draft of my current WIP, at least some of which need to be the damn ending. (Well, I'm working on the ending now, so at least that part of the list is covered.)
Sew the nightgown that I bought the cloth and pattern for back in July.
Knit fingerless mitts for a friend, preferably before Christmas.
At least start playing The Wolf Among Us (purchased in September, I think, during a sale. I have not even attempted to play it yet).

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
First class accomplished. It's a level higher than I wanted/expected to be in, but I survived with only minor crash-and-burn. Did half the homework, have to do the other half with the audio lessons.

Critted the short story, so that can go right off the list (as well as the blog post I never put on the list) and did 50 pages of beta reading.

I comment way too much when I beta. I realized this when I had five comments on the same paragraph. No wonder it takes me forever...

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Too many distractions and not enough writing. I finished the Cocoanut Grove Fire book, so that's something:

Finish first draft of WIP: 102,649 out of ?????
Read two books: 1 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I made some good headway in tackling some "big picture" issues. I didn't get much written, but I figured out a solution. I wanted to keep going, but then I got tired and lost that "zone". Since I'm wrapping up this story, I want this all solidly figured out before I go to flesh out the scenes more.

I'm starting to see that finish line!

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The writing struggle has been bad! I've written 400 words this month :( I know it's only 4 days in, but still.

I did find a pic to match up with one of my quotes though so YAY.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
The writing struggle has been bad! I've written 400 words this month :( I know it's only 4 days in, but still.

I did find a pic to match up with one of my quotes though so YAY.
It's okay, you'll catch up later. And besides, you got some eye candy to hold you over until then, yes? :D

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I've been doing great at my goals. I'm up to 7,700 words for the month and I haven't even done my primary writing sessions for today yet. Best of all, I'm using the words where I should and filling in the scenes I skipped in my completed projects instead of chasing shiny new ideas like I tend to do.

I've also finally managed to find the new computer I wanted (my primary system died during NaNo) and got it ordered along with all the accessories I'll need for it. So in about a week I'll have a proper computer system again instead of doing everything from a laptop with a short in the monitor cable and a hard drive I can't fit all my stuff on.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chugging along. I started Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See and am really enjoying it. Just a few letters off finishing Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things, which I'd put aside when I started the Cocoanut Grove book. When I finish it I'm only giving myself a half credit since did most of my reading on it last month.

Finish first draft of WIP: 103,322 out of ?????
Read two books: 1 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
A new computer would be a HUGE distraction to me! good luck Chasing the horizon.

I'm sitting down now to tackle half a chapter. I've got a few ideas and told myself I can't get up until it's down. I've got wine and goldfish crackers to help me!