MarNoWriMo 2015!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Updating:

*Finish writing these damn essays before Monday (3/3)
*Remember to take both of my finals (important because I have to take one remotely from Albuquerque) (2/2)
*Edit and print the paper I'm presenting in Albuquerque (1/1)
*Pack for Albuquerque (1/1)
*Make sure all textbooks are purchased before spring term (1/1)
*Finish honors scholarship application (1/1)
*Finish credit union scholarship application (1/1)

*Finish other honors scholarship application that I just remembered existed (0/1)
*Finish university awards application (0/1)
*Finish scholarship testimonial for scholarship I got last year (1/1)
*Re-edit paper for presenting in Portland (1/1)

*Complete five Day Zero goals (2/5)
*Read two books on top of whatever else you've already read this month (1/2)
*Do something for fun. Anything for fun. I'm begging you. Seriously.
*write (or at least find an old) bad poem for the bad poetry contest at the convention in Albuquerque. Done, but I didn't get to present it.

Progress. Progress progress. I start classes tomorrow! Today was the first "day off" (loosely defined) I've had in weeks! I binge-watched The Walking Dead while working on data entry stuff I was supposed to be doing throughout the last two weeks and didn't actually do until today, printed my syllabi, signed my rent check and wrote 2k of scholarship essays! What a day off, right?

~Amber~

Last edited:

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
MrsMig - you are rocking your goals this month! Meowzbark, you're on a roll, and Vampy the sheer length of that list is making me tired...

Weekend survived on my side! The team had a lot of fun, but the robot was by far not the best in the field. Oh well, we'll apply what we learned to next year's bot.

I've made peace with not completing my revision in time to hit my goals. If I really wanted, I could probably devote all of the next two days to it and get through another two or so chapters. To get to the end, I'd probably have to make myself crazy, so I'm going to ease up and head into Camp Nano having some fun instead.

So many silly little things to catch up on (groceries, eye doctor, etc) and a fill-in at work for the week. I am going to be a hermit all week and attempt to have a somewhat normal life...

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Results of my 3 day weekend:

Day 1 -- 3327
Day 2 -- 7713
Day 3 -- 1786 (still working)

Total: 12826. Wow. I'm really proud of myself. 33% done with second draft (31k/96k). I completely gutted and rewrote one of the chapters. Things that happen later on in the book now have a purpose and an explanation. I'm actually enjoying revising this book, because I love putting in hints for what's to come.

Congratulations! I also enjoy revising - I think it's one of the reasons I write so slowly, because I like to tinker as I go. I already know I have great chunks of rewriting ahead once my current first draft is finished, but I find that exciting rather than daunting.

I didn't write anything yesterday and didn't expect to. I had rehearsal for a special event at 12:30, then rehearsal with the orchestra for my current production until 11 PM, with the aforesaid special event happening during the dinner break. Today is my day off, with a busy week ahead, so my primary goal is to get some rest. Now that I've hit my writing goal for the month, I won't feel so bad if I don't get much more done before Camp.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got a bit done today, which was a bonus as I really didn't think I'd have either the time or the inclination. And while I didn't blog, exactly, I did update my website to add some new gigs I booked for the coming theatre season.

Write 10k words on WIP: 10,361 out of 10,000 COMPLETED
Read two books: 2 out of 2 COMPLETED
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1
Review agent notes on Book 2 COMPLETED
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary

http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't read anything yet today, as I spent 4 hours out of the house, traveling to and from the city, for a job interview. I think it went well enough, but I don't know if the boss thought so too. We'll see.

Going to have my AW fix, then get stuck into finishing reading this book.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Finally figured out how to fix this scene in chapter 5. My MMC has made a huge mess. His 'mess' leads up perfectly to the middle of the book, but I miss writing him. I'm trying to figure out how to sneak him in an upcoming scene.

502 words today.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
It's been an oddly long month, so I've mostly been lurking :tongue

But here's my month-end check-in:

• Clean up novella third part and send to critique group
  • Finish current short story
  • Get my other waiting short stories submitted

I actually pulled off my list this month! Okay, so I kept it short and simple, but still :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Goal list A:

Okay. Goals!

1. Finish editing nonfiction WIP.
2. Finish first draft of Black Book (about 13k left to go).
3. Re-read TLC draft.
4. Finish writing TLC (not much left to go, I think).
5. Flesh out the outline for Little House, to write in April.
6. Read 3 books.
7. ETA: Write at least 4 blog posts.

Giving myself a challenge this month. :)

Goal list B:

1. Finish writing the second draft of the NF book.
2. Read 4 books (I'm about to finish number 3, and I still have time for 1 more).
3. Finish writing first draft of TLC.
4. Flesh out the outline for Little House.

So, here's how I did:

Goals A1 and B1: Abandoned editing, but finished the second draft. There may still be more to add later, but for now I'm satisfied.
Goal A2: Done!
Goals A3, A4 and B3: Read what was there of TLC, but didn't finish the draft.
Goals A5 and B4: Done!
Goals A6 and B2: Well, I read 2/3 of one book, 1/2 of another, 2 full books, and approximately 5/6 of this last book. Added up that makes 4 books. So I'm calling it "close enough" even though I still have 50 pages on this last book left to go.
Goal A7: Done!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I really should have planned my goals better but by the time I realized that, it felt like such a copout..

• Edit Chapter 5
  • Edit Chapter 6
  • Edit Chapter 7
  • Send SK out for second round beta Nope
  • Write first draft of SK query Yup
  • Begin writing SNI Yup, starting tonight!

As for the Edit goals, I really finished 7/7 on paper, and 3/7 on file, so decent, but not good enough. Also, I am relieved to see I put "write" one "post" for my query, because I'm still not sure it's ready for QLH...

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
March Roundup:

*Ten journal entries Done...probably did about 13 or 14. Honestly now that I'm writing more I'm probably going to stop making journaling goals.
*Finish reading current book Done
*Read the three writing books I just bought Ha. I read one and a half. They are slow going. I think I might stop making reading goals, too, since they kind of cramp my style.
*Create a new Scrivener file for Part One rewrites, with all the index cards filled out Done
*Rewrite Chapter One (and post on SYW!) Done, and I am well pleased with the attention I got
*Write 5000 words of new material Nailed. I went over 10k, in part because my lovely spouse sent me on a DIY writing retreat to the middle of nowhere (well, the coast of nowhere) after I hit my monthly goal.

I also think I might stop making word count goals for the time being, and maybe just focus on time spent.

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
Busy month for me so I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to meet my most important goal, but it's better than where I was at the beginning of March.

1. Write at least 10k in my WIP. made it to 6.6k
2. Read 2 books. read 3, started #4!
3. Update blog at least twice. done!

Awesome job to everyone else! It's so great to see everyone's progress and accomplishments!
:partyguy:

Now upwards and onwards to April Camp!

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Same outcome as usual for me: EPIC FAIL.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Very pleased with my 257 words a day. It's really working well for me so I'm sticking with that for next month.

Well done to everyone for the great success stories I'm seeing down the page. Lots of productive people. Great going folks.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
The April Fools chaos has begun, I see! :D

One last check-in before bed...

*Finish writing these damn essays before Monday (3/3)
*Remember to take both of my finals (important because I have to take one remotely from Albuquerque) (2/2)
*Edit and print the paper I'm presenting in Albuquerque (1/1)
*Pack for Albuquerque (1/1)
*Make sure all textbooks are purchased before spring term (1/1)
*Finish honors scholarship application (1/1)
*Finish credit union scholarship application (1/1)

*Finish other honors scholarship application that I just remembered existed (0/1)
*Finish university awards application (0/1)
*Finish scholarship testimonial for scholarship I got last year (1/1)
*Re-edit paper for presenting in Portland (1/1)

*Complete five Day Zero goals (2/5)
*Read two books on top of whatever else you've already read this month (2/2)
*Do something for fun. Anything for fun. I'm begging you. Seriously.

*write (or at least find an old) bad poem for the bad poetry contest at the convention in Albuquerque. Done, but I didn't get to present it.

That which I didn't get done is okay -- those applications aren't due still for another few days. :) Pretty productive month overall.

On to April! :D

~Amber~

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't get any writing done yesterday so my final stats for the month are:

Write 10k words on WIP: 10,361 out of 10,000 COMPLETED
Read two books: 2 out of 2 COMPLETED
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1
Review agent notes on Book 2 COMPLETED
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary

The two goals that remain unfinished don't bother me so much - I may roll them over to the April goals.