NFL off season

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
You've made a mistake. There is no off season, just times when they don't play games. I measure that by the blather about the sport on ESPN.

J.Emerson

Registered
Reaction score
It could always be worse. That moron Goodell could actively HATE your team. They made that new reg about dunking the goal post for no other reason than to flip off Jimmy Graham.

I mean come on, one goal post got bent last year. And where? The Atlanta dome, or whatever it's called (our arch nemesis). And who's good friends with Goodell? Right, the Falcons owner. And who hates the Saints? .... yeah. Bunch of a-holes. Oy.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone following the new lawsuit of the NFL? It's not looking good and may be a true game-changer that will have effects in the NCAA and the CFL. Might push the rugby-style game into a more gentlemanly game.

Article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-drugs-farmer-20140521-story.html

A group of former NFL players filed a class-action lawsuit Tuesday alleging the league routinely and illegally provided them with prescription pills and various painkillers, putting their health at risk, in order to keep them on the field.

The 87-page complaint, filed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco, claims the NFL “has intentionally, recklessly and negligently created and maintained a culture of drug misuse, substituting players' health for profit.”

A good podcast that details what is going on.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/pt_20140522_185318--Prime-Time-Sports---May-22---6pm.mp3

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawks hosting Da Bears tonight. Can't help but think of you Mirandashell! Do you have your tickets to see your Bears yet?

Oh lor...... don't ask. That plan went immensely pear-shaped. Along with a lot of other things.

Definitely next year though.

Probably.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Oh lor...... don't ask. That plan went immensely pear-shaped. Along with a lot of other things.

Definitely next year though.

Probably.

awww...dang it. Sorry to hear it, but they'll be there for you when you make it to Chicago. :)

In the meantime, I have to admit to an unseemly level of excitement for tomorrow. I gave up my ticket to my son, though, so I have to watch from home. I hope we get some of the pre-game festivities on TV somewhere. The Clink is going to be rockin'.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Two things:

We should probably look into changing the name of the thread since the offseason ends today.

Secondly, it seems Michael Sam has a new home, the Dallas Cowboys. They do need a passrusher so I can definitely see why they're giving him a shot.