Experimental Screenplays?

Bunker

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone interested in an experiment screenplay swap for feedback?

I don't know if I'm breaking any rules here for offering this before a reached a certain level a contribution in these forums but I'd be interested in a script swap.

I have issues with formula and structure. I know the rules and I get why investors are interested in following said rules, but story wise I like to play.

I think we do need to reinvent the wheel and shouldn't be shamed for ambition. I also understand the security of the time tested security that runs the world of the mainstream.

I say mainstream because it is a thing and not as a judgement. By referencing I in no means am saying that there is anything wrong with it other than I am not interested.

If any of this make sense and you still want to swap scripts let me know. I'm interested in seeing what's out there as much as I am interested in sharing.

I'm also interested in discussing any of the concepts that I brought up in the post.

Look forward to hearing from you!!!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, could what you've written be done as a stage play?

I know there are artsy, indie, experimental movies, but you might have better luck doing it as a stage play (if you can) unless you have some connection to a college film group or an indie production company.

Bunker

Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, could what you've written be done as a stage play?

I know there are artsy, indie, experimental movies, but you might have better luck doing it as a stage play (if you can) unless you have some connection to a college film group or an indie production company.

Some could.

I'm in the process of venturing into the world of novels. You can check out some of my shorts here, http://thewickerbreaker.com/portfolio/

My work is getting more and more surreal as I go. Having working in the film industry as a G&E guy after falling in love with the set when my first non-film school short film was produced. The gamble of the experimental nature is beginning to sink in.

I get great professional feedback but I'm constantly told turning any of my scripts into reality would take a name willing to take a risk.

I hope this doesn't sound braggadocios or as an attempt to validate ongoing failure. It's just what I've been told.

Bunker

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mainly interested in giving feedback to those who may be in the same boat.