Any vikings online?

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I was born in Copenhagen (to American parents) if that counts! I do have some Scandinavian heritage, but it's VERY far back in my personal genealogy. I write historical fantasy and travel books. Mostly Ireland and Scotland for now, but I'm going farther back into Viking times, so will touch on some Danish nationals when I get there. :)

Also, I'm on holiday in Iceland in July. I'm very much looking forward to exploring the sites and the history. It may not be close geographically, but it is culturally!

Last edited:

c.hansen

Registered
Reaction score
This was a fun thread to come across my fellow Vikings! :D
Looks like it's been a few years since anyone's been on it though. How's it going with the writing since 2015? Anyone still here?
I'm a Dane living in Norway, so still in the Viking neighborhood ;)
Writing sci-fi/fantasy. Not published yet but neck-deep in the process of learning how.
A great day to all!
Christina

Reactions: llyralen

llyralen

Registered
Reaction score
There is a new Danish thread.

Jeg studere og skrive om Vikinger.
I would love to talk to others writing Viking historical fiction.

c.hansen

Registered
Reaction score
There is a new Danish thread.

Jeg studere og skrive om Vikinger.
I would love to talk to others writing Viking historical fiction.
Great! can you send me the link to it?

I think that Viking history is cool, but have never studied it myself. Will be happy if you need someone to bounce some ideas off of.

Reactions: llyralen

llyralen

Registered
Reaction score
Great! can you send me the link to it?

I think that Viking history is cool, but have never studied it myself. Will be happy if you need someone to bounce some ideas off of.
I’m not done with any of it! It’s all partially written notebooks! Lol. But I would love to send you some. Expect a message from me. I’d love to exchange as well!

Reactions: c.hansen

Catriona Grace

Mind the thorns
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, I haven't pillaged a settlement in, oh, I don't know how many weeks.

How amiss of you. My children used to pillage daily and they are only a quarter "Viking," though there is some questionable blondness in that Hibernian heritage of theirs.

Last edited: