Dundee International Book Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
This contest was brought to my attention recently when they announced that Neil Gaiman had joined the judging panel. I have never heard of it before, and never seen it discussed here on AW (I did a search but found no results).

So, does anyone know anything about it, or have any thoughts on it? Is it a viable alternative to querying agents or subbing directly to publishers (or perhaps a good "first try" before doing those things) for people looking to go the trade publishing route?

The submission window is only open for another week and a half, I believe. It seems pretty neat from what I've read on the website, but I tend to be cautious of things I haven't had time to research and understand extremely well.

Here's the link: http://www.dundeebookprize.com/press.htm

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but if Neil Gaiman is involved, it spells quality. The man is not only one of the best writers alive, he also brings relevance to anything he gets involved with.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
The submission window for this contest is open again for 2015. I'd love to hear if anyone has any experiences with it -- from looking at previous winners it's not the right fit for me as a genre writer, but could be an interesting opportunity for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.