Registered
Reaction score
So funny, Amarie!

But ...

DID YOU MAKE THE CUPCAKES? :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
my son watched it with me. i interrupted his play-by-play recount of a nerf war...

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score

peetred

Registered
Reaction score
I never thought I'd find myself here, but it looks like I'll be delving into an MG. My experience so far has been in writing non-fiction and online content. I started out trying to write an adult fiction based upon my own childhood, but it's proving to be a little too personal at the moment.

The book I am plotting and outlining now is dedicated to my niece and is a historical adventure. I was planning to post the plot and ask for some ideas on it; I'm wondering if I should do that here or in the sandbox?

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Amarie,

Have you been spying on me!!! That kid even looks like my daughter. I swear, if she comes in tomorrow and asks for a pilgrim costume and cupcakes, well, I just might have to jump out the window. Damn, drops not far enough!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I never thought I'd find myself here, but it looks like I'll be delving into an MG. My experience so far has been in writing non-fiction and online content. I started out trying to write an adult fiction based upon my own childhood, but it's proving to be a little too personal at the moment.

The book I am plotting and outlining now is dedicated to my niece and is a historical adventure. I was planning to post the plot and ask for some ideas on it; I'm wondering if I should do that here or in the sandbox?

I don't know how many kids' folks cruise the sandbox. Why don't you start a thread in Share Your Work?

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, peetred!

I agree with JudScotKev. SYW would be the way to go! :)

clare

Registered
Reaction score
I am preparing the courage and thick skin needed to post something in SYW.

I am going to put up some material on SYW today. I am currently obsessing over my query in QLH, and I figure, I might as well get it over with all at once.
I am still combing my manuscript for typos, revising and polishing, etc, so I won't be ready to query for a few weeks, at least. Meanwhile my first chapter remains my hardest bit to iron out, so I would love some helpful feedback from you MGers.

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
Amarie - Here's a new script for your cartoon. Not as funny, but a consolidated version of how my Monday went:

Mommy: Morning chores are over and lunch is finished. I can finally get some writing done while Toddler takes a nap.

Toddler: Mommy, I not tired!

**one hour, five stories and three lullabies later**

Mommy: Time to get to work!

**Works for fifteen minutes before phone rings**

Mommy: Oh, it's my dad. Better answer. Hi Dad!

Dad: Hi! Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk. How's your book going?

Mommy: I'm working on it right now.

Dad: Oh, that's nice. (Doesn't take hint) Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk.

Mommy: Umhmm. Umhmm. Well, gotta go. Talk to you later.

**Looks at clock**

Mommy: Shoot, time to wake up Toddler and pick kids up from school. They have dentists appointments.

**One and a half hours later arrives back home**

Mommy: Maybe now I can write.

Tween & Toddler: Mommy, we're hungry.

**Mommy heads to kitchen**

Mommy: Snacks for everyone.

**Mommy heads to computer**

Tween: Mom, I need help with my math homework.

**With a long sigh, Mommy joins him at the table**

**Half and hour later, sullen Tween has finished homework while Mom fights Toddler to leave math book alone. She's now missing large chunks of hair**

Mommy: Dare I even approach my computer?

**Daddy walks through door to loud cries of "Daddy!" from Toddler**

Daddy: Honey, I'm home. What's for dinner?

**Mommy, head hanging, shoulders slumped, heads back to kitchen**

**Two hours later, everyone is fed, kitchen is cleaned, Toddler and Daddy are playing**

Teen Daughter: Mom, I need to print my English homework due tomorrow.

Mommy: Oh, sorry honey. The printer is out of ink. (Feelings of guilt creep in because she forgot to buy some while shopping over the weekend)

Teen Daughter: Oh, fine! (Rolls eyes) I'll try to do it at school tomorrow. I also need to make a poster with faux barbed wire and burned paper. Here's a list of craft supplies I need. It's due tomorrow.

**Mommy tells Teen where to find supplies in basement, thankful they are all on hand, then helps Teen make faux barbed wire**

Mommy: Finally, Tween is reading, Teen is texting, Toddler and Daddy are starting bedtime ritual. Now I can write.

**Half an hour later**

Teen Daughter: Mom, I'm bored. Can I watch TV?

Mommy: But I'm trying to write. Oh, all right, I guess. (Sighs). The Bachelor? Are you serious?!

**Mommy tries to ignore brainless programming but is sucked in regardless. As every second passes, she becomes more disgusted with humanity and knows the end must be near**

Mommy: All right, I give up. I'll just check out AW instead. What?! Websites down?! Grrrrrrrrrr!

**Mommy stews for fifteen minutes, then TV program changes**

Mommy: Oh, thank goodness - Castle. At least I can watch a show about someone who writes!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Too funny, jtrlch13!!! Though I'm very impressed you had the proper art supplies. loved the faux barbed wire!

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
I edited out the part where my Teen Daughter cries from the table "Ahhhh! My fingers falling off. Get me a band aid quick!" Keep in mind I was in the bathroom, had to hurry out to rescue Teen Daughter who had snipped finger open with scissors. Was it an emergency? Not even close!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Amarie - Here's a new script for your cartoon. Not as funny, but a consolidated version of how my Monday went:

Mommy: Morning chores are over and lunch is finished. I can finally get some writing done while Toddler takes a nap.

Toddler: Mommy, I not tired!

**one hour, five stories and three lullabies later**

Mommy: Time to get to work!

**Works for fifteen minutes before phone rings**

Mommy: Oh, it's my dad. Better answer. Hi Dad!

Dad: Hi! Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk. How's your book going?

Mommy: I'm working on it right now.

Dad: Oh, that's nice. (Doesn't take hint) Talk, talk, talk. Talk, talk, talk.

Mommy: Umhmm. Umhmm. Well, gotta go. Talk to you later.

**Looks at clock**

Mommy: Shoot, time to wake up Toddler and pick kids up from school. They have dentists appointments.

**One and a half hours later arrives back home**

Mommy: Maybe now I can write.

Tween & Toddler: Mommy, we're hungry.

**Mommy heads to kitchen**

Mommy: Snacks for everyone.

**Mommy heads to computer**

Tween: Mom, I need help with my math homework.

**With a long sigh, Mommy joins him at the table**

**Half and hour later, sullen Tween has finished homework while Mom fights Toddler to leave math book alone. She's now missing large chunks of hair**

Mommy: Dare I even approach my computer?

**Daddy walks through door to loud cries of "Daddy!" from Toddler**

Daddy: Honey, I'm home. What's for dinner?

**Mommy, head hanging, shoulders slumped, heads back to kitchen**

**Two hours later, everyone is fed, kitchen is cleaned, Toddler and Daddy are playing**

Teen Daughter: Mom, I need to print my English homework due tomorrow.

Mommy: Oh, sorry honey. The printer is out of ink. (Feelings of guilt creep in because she forgot to buy some while shopping over the weekend)

Teen Daughter: Oh, fine! (Rolls eyes) I'll try to do it at school tomorrow. I also need to make a poster with faux barbed wire and burned paper. Here's a list of craft supplies I need. It's due tomorrow.

**Mommy tells Teen where to find supplies in basement, thankful they are all on hand, then helps Teen make faux barbed wire**

Mommy: Finally, Tween is reading, Teen is texting, Toddler and Daddy are starting bedtime ritual. Now I can write.

**Half an hour later**

Teen Daughter: Mom, I'm bored. Can I watch TV?

Mommy: But I'm trying to write. Oh, all right, I guess. (Sighs). The Bachelor? Are you serious?!

**Mommy tries to ignore brainless programming but is sucked in regardless. As every second passes, she becomes more disgusted with humanity and knows the end must be near**

Mommy: All right, I give up. I'll just check out AW instead. What?! Websites down?! Grrrrrrrrrr!

**Mommy stews for fifteen minutes, then TV program changes**

Mommy: Oh, thank goodness - Castle. At least I can watch a show about someone who writes!

HILARIOUS.

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't ANYONE make the cupcakes? :)

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
You mean GNAW on a marshmallow. The ones in the cupboard are ANCIENT! :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, timp. I don't have any cupcakes, but you're welcome to a Pop Tart. :D

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
I'm all for healthy snacks. I'll have apple slices and almond butter. :)