Chizine Publications New Imprint Chiteen Now Open to Submissions

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd post it here, but MODS if you think it should be moved to Bewares, go ahead and do your magic!

I've been waiting a lot time for this place to open to submissions. There's a small window, July 21st to Sept 15th 2014.

They're looking for dark, literary and genre fiction that tests boundaries.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested. Good Luck:

http://www.chizinepub.com/submission_guidelines.php

Last edited:

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
According to their website, the small submissions window has widened a little. ChiZine is now accepting submissions until September 15th.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
You're right they did change it. Thanks, JB. I went ahead and changed the dates up top.

I wonder why they extended it. They made changes to the opening dates too. It was originally July 1st, then the 15th, then the 21st so that may have something to do with it.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
You're right they did change it. Thanks, JB. I went ahead and changed the dates up top.

I wonder why they extended it. They made changes to the opening dates too. It was originally July 1st, then the 15th, then the 21st so that may have something to do with it.

You're welcome, Lisa. :)

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I'd initially planned to submit on July 1st, and then on July 15th, but I had to wait until July 21st since they pushed it back. You're probably right that they extended it because they opened to submissions later than originally planned.

I'm curious to know whether they are waiting until the submission window is closed before they start sending out responses, or if they've already started sending out responses.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted right on the 21st and haven't heard a thing. Kinda afraid to. I only have this and one agent full pending and that's it. I've queried this ms to death and have had one offer (poor contract tho.) But I was wondering the same thing. I remember reading it took them a very long time to go through submissions last time.

They have a selected few titles so far, which look good. They're affiliated with Harper Collins Canada too (if I can remember correctly.) Which to me, is impressive all in itself.

Good luck on your submission. Let me know how it goes.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up. :D I pitched something, so hopefully something will come of it. If not, it always feels good to get out in the game.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the head's up. :D I pitched something, so hopefully something will come of it. If not, it always feels good to get out in the game.

Good luck too, Pop! Keep us posted. If I hear anything, I'll make sure to update this thread.

There's still time to submit for anyone else interested. Chizine's been around for a long time and this new YA imprint looks strong. I do also know they pay advances (not sure what amount) but I know it's something.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I submitted right on the 21st and haven't heard a thing. Kinda afraid to. I only have this and one agent full pending and that's it. I've queried this ms to death and have had one offer (poor contract tho.) But I was wondering the same thing. I remember reading it took them a very long time to go through submissions last time.

They have a selected few titles so far, which look good. They're affiliated with Harper Collins Canada too (if I can remember correctly.) Which to me, is impressive all in itself.

Good luck on your submission. Let me know how it goes.

I also submitted right on July 21st, so hopefully we'll be some of the first to hear anything. I've been checking my submission status nearly every day (it just says "in progress"), but I'm kind of afraid for that to change. I have a full request out with another publisher, and a few other submissions out there, but it would be amazing to be published through ChiTeen.

Good luck with your submission too. We'll have to keep each other updated. :)

stephen andrew

Write, write, and keep reading
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Anyone know how long the submission is supposed to be (first chapter, ten pages, etc.). I couldn't find it on their site. Just a place to submit a file.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted my whole ms. too. I think it's stated somewhere. (not sure where) Can't seem to find it. You can check your submission status too via the link. Mine says "in process."

SeaSerpent

Registered
Reaction score
Just sent mine in (full ms too) and the email response says I'll hear by Feb 2015, so I guess we're all in for a bit of a wait. Good luck everyone :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see this thread growing with submissions (or soon to be.)
Good Luck to everyone here!!!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Just sent mine in (full ms too) and the email response says I'll hear by Feb 2015, so I guess we're all in for a bit of a wait. Good luck everyone :)

Thanks for the info, SeaSerpent. The auto-reply I received didn't give a date, but hopefully I'll hear by Jan 2015 since I submitted towards the end of July. Good luck to all! :)

stephen andrew

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted my whole ms. too. I think it's stated somewhere. (not sure where) Can't seem to find it. You can check your submission status too via the link. Mine says "in process."

Great! Thanks for the help! Best of luck to everyone who submitted!

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll keep tabs. Mine says in progress as well, and something tells me we won't be hearing anything until at least after the 15th, but I could be wrong. Either way I'll stay glued to my submission status. haha

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Me too, now with holidays coming, January 15th sounds about right.
Helps to know though. Gives us all something to look forward to for the new year.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I think PoppysInARow meant September 15th, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we all have to wait to get a belated New Years present from ChiTeen. :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a few months, I was wondering if anyone heard anything?

Also I'm looking at my submittable and I can't seem to find it listed.

stephen andrew

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a few months, I was wondering if anyone heard anything?

Also I'm looking at my submittable and I can't seem to find it listed.

I still haven't heard anything. My status still says in process.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything. My status still says in process.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I figured out it was some other submission system, not Submittable. Mine is still in process too. Maybe we'll all hear something after the holidays. It's still early in the game.