THE OFFICIAL "I NEED A HUMOR CRIT" THREAD (Got Humor in SYW? Tell us here!)

xoxo_pr0ud

Registered
Reaction score
Check out "The Sexy Dragon Buffet" in the humor section. It's the first humor piece I've ever written so critique and such is welcomed! :)

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
If this is improper, would somebody please PM and let me know? And, then please delete this post so I won't be totally humiliated. :)

I just ran across this thread and it looks like it's the place to post information about threads we've started in the SYW Humor genre - and to offer rep points to those who take time to read/critique. In case anyone's interested, I've started threads for:

02/24/07: "Colorful Granny"
02/24/07: "Thermostat Man"
03/16/07: "The Fine Art of Cleaning the Bird Cage"
04/01/07: "We're Having a Baby"

Last edited:

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
The Interuption

Howdy Guys & Gals,

Just letting you know that I have posted on SYW a novel I am writing. Please go and have a look, give tons of feed back and laugh your pants off.
It is called:
The Interuption
in the Religious writings. I know that this isn't everyones cup of tea but I am sure you will find it funny. Espeically Check out the last bit which is true and i have the email to prove it.
So go and laugh!

Thanks
Kev.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm home

OK, so I joined a few weeks ago because I found a newer author on this site that I admire and thought it might be a good idea to hang out here too. I have moved the forward of my wip over from memior/life story syw to humor swy. Check it out, it is called Mexican by Injection.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
just posted another chapter from mexican by injection called snail trails, its all about voodoo.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Just posted in SYW a little thingy titled....My First and Last Time.

Will get out the bandaids........Thanks ahead of time for reading and your suggestions.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Need some feedback on this piece. It's my first attempt at writing humor. It started out as a gently humourous story for children, then devolved into Goldilocks and the Manson Family. Is it funny at all? I need to know.
Rep points for all - whether you love, like, hate, or are just meh.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82648

Thanks.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I would really like some input on my piece, Saturday Sadists. It's a play on words for those that are worried about content.

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, how about a crit on "The Mexican Ninja" in the SYW Humor section?

Martin Smith

Registered
Reaction score
I've got something titled "Commentaries Regarding Music and People: Dylan" posted, if anyone cares to look.

RabidRabid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I've got a post up in Nonfiction SYW, which I think is technically the correct place -- I gave the Mods overnight to disagree -- but is not the place where my intended audience lives.

As much as I'm enjoying the thought of serious essay-minded people wondering what the heck to make of it, I'd be so grateful if a Humor-person could swing by.

Buyer beware, tho: It's loooong for hopefully-funny. ~1650 words or so. And since a link'll jump straight to it, please note that it has some mild profanity and may or may not be a little sexually suggestive. It's here, assuming I inserted the link correctly.

(I was going to post it in Humor, but it's quite rough and I had these visions of people suggesting the kinds of changes that can't be made to NF.)

Thanks!

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I jsut posted a section from a fantasy parody project in SYW.

It is part of the first chapter, entitled "Bad Deal"