XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Is this a nuclear device of some form? I don't think a single shot will work... at least not in my area of the universe.

Nah, it's single shot, fires a idiot-seeking bullet about the size of your fist. Very low velocity. I want them to see it coming.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Fen. Did you have fun today? I didn't kill anybody yet, or eat any newbies.

Have you done anything mean to characters recently. It is sort of satisfying.

Wha wha what? It's too early for fun. At least on a work day. A coworker brought curry for everyone for lunch. He promised good noms and its starting to smell good in the office :)

And I am on Team Slow with the writings. I still need to finalize my Warriors Dead. I have two little ideas to add then another round of polishing. I am glad you are having fun abusing characters :)

@Ali- woot for the book :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Thanks for the hugs, guys. Just feeling a bit :gaah as the house is a mess, it was time for bed, and my parents will probably get to my house before I get home from work.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Thanks for the hugs, guys. Just feeling a bit :gaah as the house is a mess, it was time for bed, and my parents will probably get to my house before I get home from work.

I know you'll probably want to throw something at me but seriously, are your parents coming to see you or inspect your house? The only people with tidy houses have boring lives (or cleaners).

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only people with tidy houses have boring lives (or cleaners).

This is my family's motto. As my mother likes to say, "Our home is a home, not a house. And homes need to feel lived in."

FYI, that line does not work when you're 10-years-old and told to clean your room.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only people with tidy houses have boring lives (or cleaners).

OR, and this is just a thought, some of us are highly organized (possibly, slightly OCD - unless everyone groups their music and books and movies by both genre and alphabet) and actually enjoy cleaning. Makes me feel I've accomplished something.

Of course, whether my life is boring or not is up for debate, but I like to think not.

Which is not to say there is not dust, because there is, but I clean routinely.

:D

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I had one of those.

I still cleaned.

She liked to help.

(Yes, we're a little weird here.)

points to bos's avatar.

I think "little" is the wrong word.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Puts on pedantic pants.

Tidy.

Not clean.

Mahoooassive difference.

Also - if people really love you, they'll love you no matter what your house looks like.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
This is my family's motto. As my mother likes to say, "Our home is a home, not a house. And homes need to feel lived in."

FYI, that line does not work when you're 10-years-old and told to clean your room.

I grew up in a house that was insanely clean and neat. I suspect my mother had a touch of the OCD. One of my friends visited and remarked to me later that she felt like she was walking through a dollhouse.

I am much looser about that than my mother, but because I grew up in such a clean house, I don't feel entirely comfortable around clutter, either. And since Etolus and I have been so busy with the house hunt, etc., things have been piling up again :p

Anyway, folks, how is everyone?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
"Festive."

Festive is the word you're looking for there.

:roll:

We're a festive weird.

hmm, no, I don't think that's it either. Don't be shy. We're all weird here. Right Hillz? err, Jallenecs...err.....oh crap.:chair

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

Yes, toddlers. Since I will soon not be pregnant, I plan on using, "I have a baby and a toddler" as my excuse for just about everything. ;)

I had one of those.

I still cleaned.

She liked to help.

(Yes, we're a little weird here.)

You know, there's still that open invitation for you (and your lovely daughter) to come for a visit anytime. I'll feed you and house you, all you have to do is clean. :D Heck, I'll even let y'all out every once in a while.

So today's cleaning focus will be laundry. I have an urge to fold things.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Amen, brother, preach it!

In the Cantina, weird is on a sliding scale.

See, that is something I think a lot of writers need to learn. Weird is an adjective, and as you say, especially in the Cantina it is on a sliding scale. But this is true everywhere else as well, we are just more extreme.

The following is not meant to be rude or insulting to anyone, please don't interpret it in that manner.

True story:

I worked the graveyard shift at 7/11 when I was 20/21. One of the regular customers played the pipe organ at a semi-famous local pizza place. He was very large. He must have weighed 300 lbs. I never asked.

The weight thing has a bearing here, be patient. After a few months of talking, he told me he wanted to introduce me to his sister who was single. I declined, but only because he was a customer and I really didn't know him all that well, besides I had a serious case of lust for a co-worker. Then he told me she was a "little plump".

This one stopped me. At the time I was 6'2" and about 135 lbs. He was about 5'10" and about 300 lbs. His meaning for plump and my meaning for plump were probably quite different. This day drove home that use of adjectives can be dangerous. I only recently thought to apply it to writing fiction, but I have used it in more formal stuff in college. It is one good reason to cut your adjective when they aren't needed. You are quite possibly giving the reader too much leeway in interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.