Where are you? (in your novel)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting on edits for book sold to Samhain Publishing, and waiting for mind to gel on next project. I'm giving myself until Monday to stop reading and start writing.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
The assassin burst into the jail cell, found the priest and told him to prepare; he had ten minutes to make it look like the priest was murdered. Then he rushes the priest out of the prison.

Skawt

Registered
Reaction score
In a corporate, dsystopian future. Right now, MC1 and MC2 are having a bromantic about getting MC1 out of brutal economic struggles and living conditions. MC2 is the son of the CEO of the monopolistic corporation (pretty much the only corporation). MC1 is to prideful to ask for (or accept) help.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Where am I? Realizing my current WIP is probably going to be two books, not one. I've wrestled with it every way I know how and it still comes out the same. I have two distinct climaxes in the through plot and there's just no way around it, with plenty of subplot material to justify two books. Rats.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently debating whether to post an excerpt of the first chapter of my LGBT romance on Wattpad to get some feedback. I've been poring over it for a while and feel like it's ready for another pair of eyes. Besides, there's no point in having a Wattpad if I'm not going to use it. I'm just debating the length of the excerpt at the moment.

Stanton

Registered
Reaction score
Completed first draft today; 102,000 words. Time to begin the rewrite, and no doubt reduce the word count to about 95K. Decided to change the name of the thriller from "Our Man in Malacca" to "Malacca". Attending writers conference ten days from now.

Asha Leu

Registered
Reaction score
Literally just completed the first draft* of my post-apocalyptic fantasy novel. 81,000 words and 22 chapters all up.

So, I'm pretty chuffed.

*Well, first-ish... the first seven chapters would be better described as fifth or sixth draft, since they were my Master's project back in those distant times of 2012.

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
Where can I post my first chapter to get crited on? I was hoping for some kind of feed back so I can get an idea if my writing is aaaaaaaaaany good. Thanks kindly.

DaisyH

Registered
Reaction score
On chapter 3 and resisting the urge to scrap it all and start again.

Amy_D

Awake in the present moment.
Registered
Reaction score
I started my WIP in 2010 and it still isn't finished. I think it's half done but who knows?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Synopsis land.
A scary place. I'm sneaking up on it myself.

Where can I post my first chapter to get crited on? I was hoping for some kind of feed back so I can get an idea if my writing is aaaaaaaaaany good. Thanks kindly.
Welcome ColdWinter. You need to stick around and participate a while. When you have 50 posts, you can go to Share Your Work and post your first chapter.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
My MC is meeting his husband's father who hangs out in catacombs for years doing research.

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
My MC is being forced to torture a prisoner she's grown to care for.

MakanJuu

Registered
Reaction score
8 pages (almost 5000 words) in, on my third scene & about to introduce the basis of the general conflict of the novel. Also the first use of my second POV character- and I still have four or five others to get to...

shs22

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at the part where I worry about whether anyone will find my story interesting or not.

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at the part where I worry about whether anyone will find my story interesting or not.

Shs22, I dont think anyone ever escapes that part, so don't worry you are not alone.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I'm in the belly of a ship with seasick characters. Poor choice on my part...