• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blaster Books

Taran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
onelastsketch.wordpress.com
http://blasterbooks.blogspot.ca/

Submission

We are look for science friction in all sup-genre. We are not look for Paranormal romance and horror, fantasy. I like David Weber and John Ringo. My favorite sup-genre of science friction is military Science Friction and space opera. I love good science friction romance too.

I'm looking for novelette and novella, short stories. We you send a short stories it need body of e-mail. The novelettes and novella send it as a RTF and doc word document in the body of e-mail word count and a bio, synopsis. The manuscript times new Roman 12 and if you have have Chapters it should be in times new roman 14 and the first Paige should have only title and your name

We will pay for a short stories $50. We will pay for a novelette between $60 to $100 and a 40 % royalty. We will pay for a novella between $100 to $900 and a 45 % royalty.

My reaction:

I don't care what you're paying with copy like that. Jesus.

AngelsAvengeMe

Registered
Reaction score
My goodness! O-o Science Friction and sup-genre???? And it's not even just once they wrote it. Holy cow. idek what to say to this. I just hope no one's stupid enough to use them!

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. This has to be one of the worse "publishers" I've seen on this board.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I couldn't believe this was for real.

we are look for military Science Fiction and space opera Science Fiction romance only. Please send my query forced to <email redacted>.

I have no ISBN right now and Can give you advance. I will pay Cover art for a editor and Someone to format your e-book.

Then I found this thread, plus another where the founder of Blaster Books kept asking for Arthur, which people eventually interpreted as a call for authors.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I might like some good "science friction romance". Sounds kind of sexy.

This quote from this thread on sffworld might top it though:
I have decided not publish any thing right now. I need work on My grandma and spelling.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Blaster books is an independent and conservative e-publisher specializing in Science Fiction. My favorite authors are David Weber and John Ringo.

'Nuff said.

Methinks our legs are being pulled.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I can't know the inner workings of another meatpuppet's mind, but it seems that he doesn't have any idea how to look for his mistakes, much Iess how to fix them. His wife doesn't need to proofread his work. He needs to take some English classes.

I'm still living in the frail hope this is just a magnificent troll.

summontherats

Generally More of a Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fairieszombiesandqueries.wordpress.com
Those don't look like English-as-a-second-language errors. Someone learning English wouldn't mix up "Arthur" and "author" and "grandma" and "grammar." That sounds like a native speaker who's struggling with bad voice-to-text software or a disability. Or maybe someone who's really young.

I mean, obviously no one should submit to him. But it doesn't read like a malicious troll to me. On his site, the first posts are all "Yay, I have a website! I can be a publisher!" He's politely (and obliviously) bumbling around, looking for submissions and advice on what he should pay. It looks like someone did a little reading on small presses, thought they were cool, and decided to play publisher.

Last edited:

Kay

I wish I was as cool as this cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Of course no one should submit to this guy, but my god, I could read his "grandma" mistakes forever! Tell me you didn't smile after reading the OP's quote from his website. I actually laughed out loud.

If he put out a whole book with the level of spelling and grandma he's shown, I might buy it. (Assuming it's only a dollar. I'm very cheap.) Every time I was feeling down, I'd pick that sucker up and laugh my way to a good mood.

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
My favorite sup genres include coffee, whisky and dirty martinis.
I are not look for this kind of publishment though.

Once I stopped giggling my only response to his pitches was, "Aw, bless". Harmless (apart from spam annoyances) and inadvertently entertaining.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com

Unfortunately, he didn't copy and paste the rest of the example contract which lists a lot of things that the publisher must do, such as
Publisher will be responsible, at its own expense, to prepare the Work for release for all formats outlined in Section I. This would include all conversions from the manuscript into various digital formats (e.g. HTML, PDF, Palm, Rocket Editions), print formats (layouts for POD or Traditional Print), or hiring actors/readers, technicians and studio time for preparation of any audiobook format. Publisher will make the Work available in all its regularly marketed electronic/digital formats.
Yanno—publishing stuff.

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
God, please let this be a troll, pleasepleaseplease. Because if this imbecile is for real, I will be sad. But not all that surprised.

sadly, not. He's been on sffworld.com for a while, trying to drum up business. Finally gave up about a week or two ago. I guess he just migrated.

He did say in one post that he was dyslexic. People tried to explain to him about his spelling, diction, and grammar, but he just couldn't get it.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry. It's hilarious but sad at the same time. It's like when you watch those awful American Idol auditions and they sound like a screeching cat but they think they are awesome singers.

I wish I wasn't too tired to say something witty about science friction. LOL