• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blaster Books

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
I'm still giggling about science friction. That is almost inspired - sci-fi ought to be about conflict and science - either individuals fighting against each other in a sciencey world or people fighting against science or one type of science fighting against another.

Except we all know that it was just a typo. Funny. A little bit sad too, but very funny.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Folks, remember that this is a conservative publisher who likes John Ringo. Don't be sending him any of that nasty liberal stuff!

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Folks, remember that this is a conservative publisher who likes John Ringo. Don't be sending him any of that nasty liberal stuff!

Does everything have to be political nowadays? There ARE conservatives on this board who are not stupid, who know grammar, and even have master's degrees (me). Do we really need to start being rude? This is a very diverse group of writers in these forums.

Reactions: GythaOgden

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I'll use a smiley next time.

It's all good. I'm sure you were joking, it's just the political stuff is everywhere and it gets tiresome. I don't see it here on AW and I hope it doesn't infiltrate these boards because we are all writers and we need to stick together in this tough competitive business. I've seen families, even my own, torn apart over politics now and this is a really diverse group on these boards. Have a good day and write away. :)

KevinWaldron36

Registered
Reaction score
Hey

Thank you for all the feeback. Submissions
We seek science fiction stories in all subgenres. No paranormal romance, horror or fantasy please. If you want to know what kind of writing we like check out authors like David Weber and John Ringo. Favorite subgenres include military sci-fi and space opera. A good science fiction romance is a real treat as well.

As for the desired length, we're looking for short stories (1,000 to 5,000 words), novelettes (7,500 to 17,499 words) and novellas (17,500 to 39,999 words). Send your short stories in the body of an e-mail. Novelettes and novellas should be sent as a RTF and doc word document in the body of the e-mail. Please include your word count and a bio as well as a synopsis. The preferred font is Times New Roman 12; if there are chapters they should be in Times New Roman 14. You must include a cover page with the title and your name only.

Payments will be: short stories, $50; novelettes, $60-100 and a 40% royalty; novellas, $100-900 and a 45 % royalty.

Send to [email protected]. We can't wait to read your work. http://blasterbooks.blogspot.com/2014/07/what-is-up.html?m=1 Thank you all for wonderful criticism of publisher company. With out your criticism I can be a battle publisher.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like someone who's not a native speaker.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe militant military sci-fi authors of the "nukilar" and "airak" persuasion would be the best fit for Blaster.
OK, my trolling for the evening is done:D

Topaz044

Resident Zombie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.warofthesoulites.com
I already discussed my concerns with the publisher towards his grammar and business model already. On my advice he redid his submission post so there's that.

There is no need for me to rehash my warnings to him. I am sure he is going to learn the hard way what being a publisher entails-I just hope that a lot of authors do not get burned along the way.

Also-really, ralan?? Do you take anything these days?

Last edited:

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Ah, that sounds like that could be it. The trick, of course, is he keeps his fantasy to himself and doesn't draw in some unsuspecting writer. But given his prose, while it's unlikely he'll get any submissions, I've seen stranger things happen.

Last edited:

KevinWaldron36

Registered
Reaction score
Blaster Book Novel Submission
We seek science fiction stories in Military Science Fiction and Space Opera, or Hard Science Fiction only. We love good science fiction romances or mysteries. We are not looking for paranormal romance, horror, fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, Alternate History, Time Travel, OR Apocalyptic. Preferred length 40,000 – 130,000 words We are good with manuscripts under 100,000.

WE will pay 40% Royalties but NO advances. All manuscripts must be submitted in MS Word Format (.DOC OR .DOCX). Manuscripts in any other format will be deleted. Please include a brief bio, word count, and synopsis in the body of the email with your submission. Send all manuscripts to [email protected]

I can't wait to read you book! Submission Blaster books webzine
We seek science fiction stories in all subgenres. No paranormal romance, horror or fantasy please. If you want to know what kind of writing we like check out authors like David Weber and John Ringo. Favorite subgenres include military sci-fi and space opera. A good science fiction romance is a real treat as well.

As for the desired length, we're looking for short stories (1,000 to 5,000 words), novelettes (7,500 to 17,499 words) and novellas (17,500 to 39,999 words). Send your short stories in the body of an e-mail. Novelettes and novellas should be sent as a RTF and doc word document in the body of the e-mail. Please include your word count and a bio as well as a synopsis. The preferred font is Times New Roman 12; if there are chapters they should be in Times New Roman 14. You must include a cover page with the title and your name only.

Payments will be: short stories, $10; novelettes, $60-100; novellas, $100-900.

Send to [email protected]. We can't wait to read your work.

KevinWaldron36

Registered
Reaction score
Very nearly the same damned post he did on the tenth.

Good grief. Just ... good grief. :e2shrug:

I'm Kevin j Waldron .I love science fiction. So I start Blaster books. I'm not good writing. I have a lot friend to proofread now thanks to goodread. I'm live in Greenville sc USA. I'm dyslexic. I'm debt free. I love Dave Ramsey. I'm never asked a author's for money. So if you have be rejected by N.Y. publisher if you don't want to self-publisher. So cum to Blaster books what is the worst I can say no. http://blasterbooks.blogspot.com/?m=1

Last edited:

KevinWaldron36

Registered
Reaction score
1.) Web site address (URL) where your guidelines can be found (NOTE: or your main URL.):

2.) Name of publishing company: Blaster Book
3.) Type(s) of publication (print, POD, e-book, audio, other electronic (PDF, MSReader, e-mail, etc)): e book
4.) Genres preferred (sf/fantasy/horror/etc.): SF
5.) Type of material accepted (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, artwork, comics, audio, etc.): fiction,
6.) Payment (advance/royalty % of net/gross): 40% Royalties
7.) Word length limits: 40,000 � 130,000 words
8.) Response time: 6 week
9.) Reprints accepted (yes, no, or query): yes
10.) Electronic submissions accepted (yes, no, preferred, only, queries only, online form, HTML): yes
13.) E-mail address, and/or online form URL, for questions or queries?: [email protected]
14.) E-mail address, and/or online form URL, for electronic submissions?: [email protected]
13.) Type of electronic submission accepted (none, or pasted and/or attached as what type file): MS Word Format (.DOC OR .DOCX
14.) Mailing address (if open to hard copy submissions, if not write 'none'): none
15.) What do you require for a first submissions package? (cover letter, synopsis, outline, chapter-by-chapter summary, number of chapters, full manuscript): full manuscript
16.) Simultaneous submissions accepted (yes or no): yes
17.) Multiple submissions accepted (yes or no): yes
18.) Name of fiction editor, or principal officer & title (full actual name required, handle can be also listed): Kevin J waldroup
19.) Reading period - or periods (if you have them, if not write 'none'): None
20.) Reading, membership, setup, or other fees required to submit or publish (yes or no -- specify if yes): no
21.) Other requirements for submitting (join group, register, etc.)?:no
22.) Do you require the author to pre-purchase any number of books?: no
23.) What rights do you ask for?: E-book Rights for 3 years.

A.) To avoid mistakes and confusion, complete this questionnaire:
1.) Title: Blaster books webzine
2.) Web site address
http://blasterbooks.blogspot.com/2014/07/what-is-up.html
found (NOTE: or your main URL.):
3.) Frequency quarterly
4.) Type of publication webzine
5.) Genres preferred science fiction
6.) Type of material accepted (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, artwork, comics, audio, etc.)?:
7.) Payment?: short stories, $10; novelettes, $60-100; novellas, $100-900.
8.) Word length limits?:1,000 to 5,000 words), novelettes (7,500 to 17,499 words) and novellas (17,500 to 39,999 words)
9.) Response time?:6 week
10.) Reprints accepted (yes, no, or query)?: yes
11.) What rights do you ask for?: electronic after publication the rights ratone to the author
12.) Electronic submissions accepted yes (yes, no, preferred, only, queries only, online form, HTML)?:
13.) E-mail address, and/or online form URL, for questions or queries?: [email protected].
14.) E-mail address, and/or online form URL, for electronic submissions?: [email protected].
15.) Type of electronic submission accepted (none, or pasted and/or attached as what type file)?: RTF and doc word document TXT
16.) Mailing address copy submissions, if not write 'none')?: no
17.) Simultaneous submissions accepted (yes or no)?: yes
18.) Multiple submissions accepted (yes or no)?: yes
19.) Name of editor(s) Kevin J Waldroup (full actual name required, handle can be also listed)?: no
20.) handle can be also listed)?: no
21.) Deadline(s)?: no
22.) Date of publication for first issue?: no
23.) Reading, membership, setup, or other fees required to submit or publish (specify if yes)?: no
24.) Other requirements for submitting (join group, register, etc.)?:no
25.) Do you utilize a contract (highly recommended)?: no
26.) In your guidelines do you inform potential contributors of the rights you obtain (required!)?: no
27.) How many stories do you publish per average issue?: no
28.) Do you publish (post) fiction written by the publisher, editor, or staff (only, regularly, sometimes, seldom, never)?: no

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I'm Kevin j Waldron .I love science fiction. So I start Blaster books. I'm not good writing. I have a lot friend to proofread now thanks to goodread. I'm live in Greenville sc USA. I'm dyslexic. I'm debt free. I love Dave Ramsey. I'm never asked a author's for money. So if you have be rejected by N.Y. publisher if you don't want to self-publisher. So cum to Blaster books what is the worst I can say no.

Actually, the worst that could happen is you could say yes, and someone without any experience might go for it.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Kevin, no offense, but since you're dyslexic (as am I) HOW can you possibly edit someone's work, not to mention your own? I know I can't; without my wife's excellent skills (not to mention her beautiful eyes!) I could never have been commercially published.

Even my posts here I have to take my time with, as due to my brain injury as a child I can only type with my thumbs and forefingers.

Have you really thought this through?