What are you reading?

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I'm nearly finished Executive Intent, by Dale Brown. Now I wish I had another Dale Brown novel to start when I'm finished because this book is GOOD!

JRTroughton

Registered
Reaction score
Iron Council, by China Mieville.

I've been putting this off for a while as I don't want to say goodbye to Bas-Lag. It's a great series with some incredible world building. After I've finished up, I'll be moving on to either Half a King by Joe Abercrombie or Wool by Hugh Howey.

Reaction score
Eleanor and Park. What an incredible story! It's such a simple plot, but the author has got some serious talent; she can really reel the reader in and make you feel the emotions of the characters. That's a real writer for you!

Having said that, I've tried reading other books by Rainbow Rowell and I have been nowhere near as impressed as I was with this one. I stopped reading 'Fangirl' halfway through. The spark just wasn't there for me.

Mario Mergola

Registered
Reaction score
Moneyball by Michael Lewis. I have been on a baseball book kick lately (Calico Joe - loved, The Natural - didn't love). Before I was halfway through, Moneyball was already my favorite of the group. I'll be done with it in a few days and I have every expectation that I will be giving it 5 stars on Goodreads.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Taking a halfway-mark break from the long (but very good) nonfiction book I've been into, just to read Harry's Game by Gerald Seymour.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Beat the Dealer - the classic bestselling book about how to win at blackjack. I'm reading non-fiction exclusively for a while. I'm just so picky with fiction.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The King's Grave by Philippa Langley and Michael Jones, about the discovery of Richard III's remains. Fascinating topic, but I'm about 115 pages in and continually irritated by author Langley's presence in the narrative. Too much "I did this...I felt that...I hoped...I feared..." etc. Her chapters about the actual dig alternate with Jones' chapters about Richard's history, which are fairly dry.

Last edited:

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Rereading TILL WE HAVE FACES by C.S. Lewis.

OMG I love that book. I haven't read it in ages (I should do that...), but I get all excited whenever I come across someone else who's read it :D

Currently reading: "At Day's Close" by A. Roger Ekirch. Non-fiction all about night in times past, how it was viewed, what went on, etc. Cultural history. Utterly fascinating.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Still working on Beat The Dealer and will finish it tonight. I also decided today that I am going to continue my fiction hiatus for a while yet. Nothing against fiction, I just find non-fiction more interesting and still have a lot of non-fiction books that have been on my shelf for years that haven't been read.