NovNoWriMo

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just fiddled with my in-text references, so now all that's left to do is final edits and then submit this thing.

Of course, despite having started with a few hundred words to spare, I'm now 26 words over the maximum allowed. *sigh* So I've got to find words to cut. Not easy, considering how happy I was with this essay yesterday.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! :D

So, I've edited my essay to the point where, during the last edit, I didn't change a thing. And it's sitting at 3490 words, when the range is 3000-3500, so yay! It's in range and I'm happy with it and it's been formatted correctly and everything! :D

Going to submit it soon, but of course, even though I know it's a kick-arse essay, I still have submission anxiety. Eep!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unexpected day off the show - tech needed an extra work day so we actors got a reprieve before we start the push to opening night.

Current WIP word count: 94,661 out of 100,000
Books read: 0 out of 2
Blog posts: 1 out of 2
Beta-read friend's novel: 48 pages out of 350

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted the essay. Woo! Just 1 assignment left on this degree! :D

Taking the rest of the day off, I think. That will leave me with 3 days to do the final one, which shouldn't be a problem. I've already done all the research, so yeah.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
First draft of the short story and author statement: Done.

So yeah, I think that'll be it for today. I still have 2 days left in which to edit it to death and add referencing. But given that it's a short story (no references) plus a (short) author statement, the referencing will be dead easy. Especially compared to the literature review essay!

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
Is it too late to join the fun? I started a new novel almost two weeks ago and am now at a 30k word count. This is by far the fastest I've ever written a novel. Need motivation to keep it going! Goal: 80k

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it too late to join the fun? I started a new novel almost two weeks ago and am now at a 30k word count. This is by far the fastest I've ever written a novel. Need motivation to keep it going! Goal: 80k

Never too late. Goals is goals. Welcome to the club!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score

Welcome to the club. :welcome:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

So, I've now added proper referencing to my short story / author statement paper, as well as edited the paper a couple of times. I imagine I'll be submitting it today at some point, a day early.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

So, I've now added proper referencing to my short story / author statement paper, as well as edited the paper a couple of times. I imagine I'll be submitting it today at some point, a day early.

Congrats. I bet it feels amazing to be finally done with it.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Final assignment on this entire degree, submitted! :D:D:D

It feels kind of anticlimactic... I mean, I now have to play the waiting game on getting grades back, and waiting for graduation and everything.

However, I'm sure I'll spend the bulk of the remainder of today squealing in glee at the thought of NO MORE HOMEWORK!

Heck, even just typing that had me smiling. :D

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First preview of the show tonight, and I'm up to my neck in rehearsal during the day. I made some progress on my friend's m/s, though, and I'm only a few pages from the end of The Shadow of the Wind, but I've written nothing at all for the past two days.

Books read: 0 out of 2
Beta-read friend's novel: 78 pages out of 350

ETA: We must have been posting at the same time, and I missed seeing yours, Cliff Face. Congratulations!

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Cliff! :D:D:D Congrats!

I hit 50k for NaNo late last night. :D Since it's so early in the month I'm probably going to be reaching for 75k by midnight on the 30th. Shouldn't just stop now! :tongue

Besides, I still have write-ins to host... >.> What am I gonna do? Tell everyone "Now you write your hearts out until you reach 50k right now and I'll just sit back here and watch"? :tongue That's just silly.

I'm doing homework now, though. I've got a ton left to do still and I'd like to get through it.

Oh, hey, here's a fun fact. I was 45 minutes late to my first class this morning because I woke up 12 minutes after class started after turning off all three of my alarms in my sleep... Conscious enough to swipe my finger and type in a four-digit code, not conscious enough to notice that I was actually doing it... Meh. I made it for the last 35 minutes of class, at least, which was better than nothing. I wrote with a quill pen today. Like one made out of an actual feather. :tongue It was a little tricky, but it was fun.

Keep going, everyone! You're doing great! :)

~Amber~

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Vamp!

:hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We continue with previews for my show, which translates to rehearsals during the day and performances at night. I had a two-hour block free in the middle of the day yesterday, but used it Christmas shopping instead of writing. Today is our final rehearsal day (we open Saturday). I should be able to re-establish a regular writing schedule after this weekend. All this is why I didn't do NaNo this year.

I finally finished The Shadow of the Wind and was a little disappointed. It got awfully draggy toward the end, not helped when the author resorted to chapter after chapter devoted to a long letter from a dead character to the MC "explaining everything." Exasperating. I've given myself credit for half a book since I started it during October, and have moved on to Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things, which is already proving to be a very fast read.

Books read: .5 out of 2
Beta-read friend's novel: 78 pages out of 350

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Finally sitting down to really write for the first time this month. Got a lot to catch up on.

Who wants to banter? :D Gotta get my wit flowing.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've had an enjoyable 2 days since handing in that last paper. Yesterday I did my spring cleaning, and my room is now much more functional (well, parts of it). And then today, I donated 3 bags of stuff to charity, then went out and bought 11 CDs and 5 TV show seasons on DVD, as my big dramatic "I finished my degree!" gesture. :)

I'm going to pace myself on the CDs, and only rip 1 per week to my computer to listen to. That way, my grand gesture will still be bringing me joy in about 3 months from now. :) The DVDs, I'll watch them whenever.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy your down time, Cliff Face. You've earned it!

Opening night for my show tonight. I brought my computer in to the theatre yesterday as I knew I was going to be sitting around a lot during rehearsal, but the wifi in the dressing room area was acting up and I couldn't get online (my WIP and my friend's MS are stored on Dropbox), so I got absolutely nothing done. Grrr.

About halfway through Tiny Beautiful Things but nothing else worth reporting.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mig. :)

I still haven't watched any movies yet (I have 8 to get through to complete another monthly goal). Probably today or tomorrow I'll start in on those.

However, yesterday I did outline 2 story ideas, which felt good. Finally doing something for my writing career again!