Favorite Lines of the Day

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll start, although I feel like it's pretty early in the day...(barely 10 am), so I'll probably come up with a new one later. But for now...

Ma turned to Lisa and patted her on the cheek. "I like you. You have slutty hair, but you a good girl. I can tell."

(It worries me that the MC's mom is taking over the show.)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
"So unless you think I have super butt-dialing powers, chill."

I'm probably not going to beat that.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
The butt-dialing one's good! Also, PutPutt, I know you've only posted like two lines, but I already kind of love "Ma."

So far, this one's amusing me the most in mine:

So long as I said I was “saving for college,” she didn’t ask questions. If she caught me midway through the entranceway in a full, patched Teflon suit, goggles, and a backpack full of stolen starlight, that might change.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
"You're under arrest for pissing me off."

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
The end of a scene that has been troubling me for weeks (NaNo is a desperate attempt to finish a WIP). The fact that it's the end is probably why I like it so much, lol.

Djehuty’s mind was in danger of being overloaded with things to take in, but suddenly one thought shone out from all the others as bright as a beacon fire. If Bakwerel wanted all the Hebrews dead, then that list was like a death warrant.

And he wanted Hebeny on it.

Djehuty had three days to prove the plagues were fake, and Bakwerel was behind them. Three days to save the life of the girl he...

...loved.

Fuck.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, my MC likes to sing songs unique to her world. Here's my first attempt at writing a 'national' song:

“Breath given, breath taken
With this breath until my last
I breathe only for the land of my birth
I pledge my life, my soul
Until the sun no longer rises
Until the sand swallows my land
And my breath no longer comes
This, I pledge to the land of my birth”

Last edited:

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
From November 1, a conversation between one of my MCs and her mom:

“Hey, how was school?”
“Horrible. I just wanna die. Would you kill me, please?”

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
My favourite:

‘Salad?’ Dave groaned. ‘That’s not how you make lunch. Here, let me show you how to make lunch the Dave way.’

He reached over for a phone and dialled a number. After a few rings, the person at the other end picked up.

‘Sam’s pizza, how can I help?’

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
From today

“What was the complaint this time?”
“She says I didn’t find her true love. I did. He’s a nice gentleman from her church.” I flopped into one of the chairs at his desk. “However, she is convinced that her soulmate is a young man from her local coffee shop who moonlights as a Chippendale-style dancer.”

Last edited:

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Avoiding the mob, he ducked into one of the main streets that radiated out from the market, like a life channel connecting the heart of Thebes to the rest of the body. And just as in a sick body, he found the channel blocked, clogged with refuse, dead animals and agitated people begging him for help or answers. He could give them neither. [/FONT]

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Switching back to my original idea was absolutely the right call.
It was a good thing humanity never did develop superpowers, otherwise Malcolm Foxwell would be firing lasers from his eyes. Which may have been helpful in disciplining his terminally disrespectful child, but not so great for morale.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Having difficult day, but I did get this out of it.

For all her luck, she had to share a soccer field with Ardent Greene, so half of the girls with a break in their schedule were in the stands swooning over the handsome acting potential. And then there was Kalie right in the front, making what Syn guessed were walrus noises.
Best friends root each other on in every embarrassing way possible.

Last edited:

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
He LOOKED like a corpse, with his over-big clothing, the dark rings around his eyes, his unshaven cheeks and tangled hair.

Last edited:

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite line and my last line are the same today:

She heard her mother’s voice call her name, gentle as a whisper. “I’m here, Mama,” Annika whispered back.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
"Artie, why don't you get him a cookie or a muffin or something? I don't think my daughter ate much last night, and I bet his blood sugar's a little low."

Crossdresser?

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 2:

Serena panicked. “What do we do?!”
“Why are you asking me? It's your house.”

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From yesterday:

[FONT=&quot]I’d read so many horror stories: roommates who stole your panties, roommates who had loud sex while you were in the room, stoners, kleptos, drunks. In all that time I’d spent worrying, not once did I think, “Oh no, what if my roommate and my mom really got along and I couldn’t stop them from talking to each other?”[/FONT]

Alma Matters

Registered
Reaction score
This is mine. I didn't really rate it at first, but I really like it now for some reason. There is a bit of a swear at the end.

'You didn’t even ask me if I was ok.’ Nick opened he mouth to speak but she cut him off. ‘Don’t ask me now you idiot. Christ!

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mr. Putt says guys never really think this, but I think he's lying. :D [/FONT]

“Yeah,” I croaked. Please let him be short and fat. With a small dick. Not that I’m hoping Daisy would see his dick. In fact, please let her never know his dick size. Unless it’s smaller compared to mine. [/FONT]

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday my writing was full of substandard sentences that I thought, "maybe," but none stood out as a clear winner. Today I am awash in good sentences.

But I think this is my favorite:
It is entirely possible that everything I plan from here on out is dependent on me not responding to this post-it.
(Possibly because he responds to it anyway)