Word Count Thread - NaNo 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Such great numbers in this thread!

My total is at around 12,000 words, half of that written on day 1 and the other half on day 2.

Day 3 has officially started, but I'm finally on my way to sleep...

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
I studied today/yesterday, but I'll be back to the grind this evening. You guys have some great numbers going, I'll have to burn rubber to catch up.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Coming to an end of my Day 3, and I've only got 3400 so far. But I hope to do a little more tonight, and I was at PAX Aus all weekend, so I don't feel too far behind (provided I don't think about other people's counts... or think about sitting next to someone briefly at PAX who'd still managed 10k words...). I'll catch up over the next couple of days :)

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
I skipped the first day, am currently on track for day three, (5291) and am slogging along.

The process will speed up as I warm up to the story, it seems to work that way every year.

Regards,
Kevin

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Over the weekend, 10,028. After a sneaky session this morning before work, 11,088. I'll get a few hundred more this evening.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I'm procrastinating.

I should have a grenade or something in my room that explodes unless I write 500 words per hour. That might make me move. Since clearly nothing else will.

Words: 1033

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote 4,005 words this morning. :e2thud:

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5 pm and 3.5K written for today. It has been a slow day. >:-[ I'm hoping to end the night with at least 5K.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Currently at 9189 total, which is over the normal daily goal (close to 1700), but note that the stats page on the NaNo site is occasionally not showing the "words written today" or the graph correctly.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Currently at 9189 total, which is over the normal daily goal (close to 1700), but note that the stats page on the NaNo site is occasionally not showing the "words written today" or the graph correctly.

I had to put in my word count using the edit by day option to get it to work.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
I only really got into the swing of it today. Got my nano hat on (actually got a nano hat so people know when I'm working and when to leave me alone) and got to 5543. Hoping to double that tomorrow.

graven29

Registered
Reaction score
5478 words total. Overcame some serious blockage today!

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost at 7k but I can't do any during the day cos I work full time! and I have to prepare lessons, and mark - I got some complaints about not having marked their tests. I was going to explain that I'm doing Nana and they should wait until December but I didn't want to lose my job :) so I'm getting up an hour earlier to work. grump.

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
1828 words today, bringing the total to 3338. I feel like a slacker next to some of you, but this is actually pretty good for me. Especially since all the words are on point. I have a tendency to babble randomly in my WIPs as a sort of warm-up. I'm using Scrivener for the first time for this WIP, and it's either helping me organize my thoughts or it's shaming me into not babbling.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I give up trying to hit 6K today. I'm ending the day with 5.2K. And now I am going to lumber into bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be moar productiver...

Happy writing to those of you who are still on Day 3!

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I had to put in my word count using the edit by day option to get it to work.

I had to do that too, earlier today. But it seems to be working okay for me now.

3530 today, up to 7351 overall. Hoping to write 3-4k each day during the week.

graven29

Registered
Reaction score
I got back to it, and brought the count up to 6292!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
9192 total. Wanted to break 10k, but also want to avoid burnout. Ah well, still on track to blow off this weekend with no guilt.

Alli B.

Registered
Reaction score
Tonight I'm ending it at 3,348 for a total of 13,981. My well is pretty dry. It was hard to pull out the 3k I did today, but looking at the chapter, I'm rather proud.

SinisterCola

The Caffeine Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Tonight I'm ending it at 3,348 for a total of 13,981. My well is pretty dry. It was hard to pull out the 3k I did today, but looking at the chapter, I'm rather proud.

Isn't that a great feeling?? But man, you were SO close to 14k!

I have no idea what my word count is, and I can't get the site to update with my word count from earlier. But last I checked, I just broke 10k!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 11,507 now, but the site isn't letting my update at all (I did have a brief period where the daily update was working too). And my internet is spotty here, so that's fun too.

SKDaley

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome numbers out there! I'm pleased with my 5800 word total so far. Goal for tomorrow is a measly 1600.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Recording here that I'm at 12,016. I think I'll call it a night, and hopefully I'll envision this scene tonight or tomorrow while I drive to my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.