The Kidlit Gang's Support and Accountability Thread

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Posted on WriteOnCon and few competitions since then and my query for GERALD is pretty tight now, although there is probably always room for improvement.

I have started querying and have a partial and a full out.

Whilst I'm in the query trenches I have started another novel. I am 5,000 words into it and loving this story so far.

Much luck, Carl. I see you have several manuscripts under your belt already. Here's to your query! :e2drunk: ..... Sorry, I can't hold my liquor. :gone:

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Congrats, Carl! An R & R is a great sign.

I've just gotten my first partial-upgraded to full on the new manuscript I'm querying, which makes for eight fulls out. Not getting any hopes up, though.

I'm 13K into my new manuscript and have a goal to double that by the end of the month. Anyone else want to make goals for the month? There's a ton of great info about speeding up the first draft process here if anyone is interested.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Carl (I think I forgot to say that in the other thread!) and congrats Joy. That's wonderful that you have gotten so much interest!

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 13K into my new manuscript and have a goal to double that by the end of the month. Anyone else want to make goals for the month? There's a ton of great info about speeding up the first draft process here if anyone is interested.

Oh - I'd like to make goals! We're almost in the same place. I'm at 11.5K. I probably should look at the link you gave, too. I'm going to do that now, but I replied before clicking. ;)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've visited this thread, so I'm glad to see it still going! Congrats and good luck, Carl and Joy!

Thanks for posting that link, Carl. I've bookmarked it to read :)

I've been off writing for a while--too long, really, for lots of reasons that I won't bother getting into, but that's about to end, and I'm super excited to get back to it.

(My goals, for the accountability part: 1500 words a day.)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Oh - I'd like to make goals! We're almost in the same place. I'm at 11.5K. I probably should look at the link you gave, too. I'm going to do that now, but I replied before clicking. ;)
Good luck, and also well done on getting to 11.5k.
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've visited this thread, so I'm glad to see it still going! Congrats and good luck, Carl and Joy!

Thanks for posting that link, Carl. I've bookmarked it to read :)

I've been off writing for a while--too long, really, for lots of reasons that I won't bother getting into, but that's about to end, and I'm super excited to get back to it.

(My goals, for the accountability part: 1500 words a day.)
Hi Spiral :hi: Good luck on your 1500 words a day goal. Wish I could make that goal at the moment. But I believe you will. As I believe in you. Yes, I do, believe in you.

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
To add to Joy and Laurie's word count, I'm up to 11.2K on my new ms. I think I'll finish this book by sometime early next year which is unfathomable to me b/c I just started really drilling into not to long ago. Maybe I'll try to speed things up if I don't let life get in the way. :e2bike2:

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
To add to Joy and Laurie's word count, I'm up to 11.2K on my new ms. I think I'll finish this book by sometime early next year which is unfathomable to me b/c I just started really drilling into not to long ago. Maybe I'll try to speed things up if I don't let life get in the way. :e2bike2:

We should all try for 25K by the end of the month, then celebrate by dressing as bananas on halloween :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
(Assuming fearsome dragon mod will allow such shenanigans.)

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
I'll try for the 25k along with you but I'm afraid I've already committed to some sort of Dr. Who themed costume. My son is going as his own version of the Doctor, and my daughter is going as a dalek. :D

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in for the 25K club!!!!!! Luckily this month has 31 days.

Okay, so if I do at least say, 500 words a day, I should make it by Halloween. 500 is not so bad. But that's writing EVERY DAY. I'm a weekend writer. How am I going to pull this off? :e2thud:

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
I have about 25k I still need to revise. I know it's not the same, but it's pretty heavy revisions, so can I half count myself in? :)

Also woo! Carl and Joy!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Summer, you're in!

And Daniela, you're going to write as much as you can on the weekends, to bring down the word count of what you need to do during the week, and you're going to get up early or stay up late or cut out TV or Internet or write on your lunch break. :D You can do it!

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Summer, you're in!

And Daniela, you're going to write as much as you can on the weekends, to bring down the word count of what you need to do during the week, and you're going to get up early or stay up late or cut out TV or Internet or write on your lunch break. :D You can do it!

AHHH! I suck at all those things! The internet is my frenemy. I used to have "Freedom" for Mac, but then my computer crapped out and I lost it. Now I have to purchase it again. Hmm. I think I will.

I'm ready. I'll make my biggest progress on the weekends, like you said. LETS DO THIS! :box:

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
AHHH! I suck at all those things! The internet is my frenemy. I used to have "Freedom" for Mac, but then my computer crapped out and I lost it. Now I have to purchase it again. Hmm. I think I will.

I'm ready. I'll make my biggest progress on the weekends, like you said. LETS DO THIS! :box:

Yay!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Carl on the R&R, that's great news. And Joy, 8 fulls! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

Thanks for posting that link on pre-writing, Joy. I'm revising right now, but it's still helpful to go back and make myself do the sort of thinking I should have done at the start. I think it's going to get me through this wall I've hit.

Good luck to everyone writing 25k words this month!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey 25K Club*! How are we doing this week? I'm sitting down to write this evening with 15,800 words and I'm going to get to 17K. Who's with me?

*This is not an exclusive thing. All are welcome. :D