The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Witter

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all! :)

I write contemporary romance. The one I queried is a new-adult contemporary novel very light on the romance.

I wrote 2383 words today. I've got a good rhythm now and it's easier to just sit down and write at a fast pace instead of looking at the screen like the words could magically appear. If I can find two hours every day, I can write 2k words and it distracts me from this waiting thing that is driving all of us crazy!

Callalily61, it's awful. You had a bad day then I guess.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, Lil.

In other happenings, the school nurse called to tell me that kiddo has been in several times to complain of a headache and sore throat, but that she doesn't have a fever, so I don't HAVE to come get her.

Um...ok? So do you WANT me to come get her, since you called me?

Ugh.

They're supposed to call me back if she comes into the nurse again, but now I feel like I'm the horrible mother that said "No, keep my sick kid!"

*grumble*

Aardvark

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Stephanie - rhythm is a strange thing isn't it? I got into a real groove on book 1 and could pump out decent word count consistently. Book 2 is crawling by comparison (partly due to the nagging worry of 'is there any point, will <agent> ever ring?'). Still, plenty of people got into print and if they can do it, so can we.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
So, a few minutes after my last post, I decide that if I'm just going to sit and worry about her for the rest of the day, I'll go get her.

I left work at 1:20, for what should have been a 25 minute drive home. But no, because of the weird conjunction of a tiny bit of wet snow and just the riiiiiight temperatures, the highways are all skating rinks. Got caught in the traffic behind 4 different accidents, and almost caused one myself.

Ugh.

But we're home now, albeit much later than I intended.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
And of course, she's feeling perfectly fine by now.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Goooo, Kiahanna!

Tas, that type of behavior is how kiddo got the nickname "weasel". When he was a baby in daycare, they'd call and say he spiked a fever of 101. I'd rush there from work and he's be perfectly fine and cooing at me. We decided he was weaseling out of jail, and the nickname's stuck ever since (He dislikes it. :tongue)

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bought a new used car. It's their fault, they called offering to buy my car back and had a newer one, so um...yeah. Only a little tiny bit more a month and a phenomenal deal on my trade, so I kinda had to.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. Kiddo just spiked a fever. *sigh*

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Just had message left on my phone from an elementary school in Oregon, asking me to please come pick up Felix because it's 4:00 and they want to go home.

Um...

No.

((I did try to call back and tell them they called the wrong person, but their number rolls straight to the school's voicemail))

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Erin and Stephanie!

Tas, That's happened to me before. I tried to call back to let the school know, too, and nothing. Hope mini-Tas gets well soon!

Kia, good luck!!

Bronchitis sucks. That is all.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I wrote a vaguely synopsis like thing of the Rat Rooled thing that I can't publicly acknowledge because I don't want to be publicly embarrassed if it don't work out.

Sent off to the one angel who already offered.... any other takers ( yeah I know. synosisssssssssssssssssss.)

Para.. YOU can totes nudge. After a year, nudges are appropriate and attractive.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I feel positively Lilylike in how much good cooking I did tonight. Home-made macaroni and cheese, garlic roasted brussels sprouts, and brownies.

Just roll me out of here when you get tired of lookin' at me.

Maryn, tired now

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Hello, Shiny New Thread!

LILY! *pounce*

Welcome, Stephanie and Erin. Have a chocolate martini. :)

Maybe Cryptic Agent ran off with a timelord who promised to have her back in an hour, but accidentally made it a year.

I do like this scenario. A lot.

Sooo, a shiny new thread means I may actually be able to at least keep up a semblance of caught-upity (why yes, this is a word now). I feel like I've been flaking in and out lately, but woah, life got busy and all the things are happening at the moment and I have all the feels and all the excitement and...yeah, I'm still totally buried in all the work as well. Go figure.

Anyway, hi and good to be back! :e2arms:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Last night I dreamed that I took a second job washing dishes at a pizza joint. Great boss, nice place. At 11 pm, the boss says, "Did I write in the ad that the dishwasher also has to wash the tablecloths too?" I said no. She said, "Oh, dear. That's part of the job too." So in the dream I took all the tablecloths home to a house that was sort of mine and sort of the house I grew up in, and did 2 loads of pizza-stained tablecloths. Didn't get done till 4:30 am, and had to get up at 6:30 am for the Day Job.

I woke up tired. :e2thud: My brain hates me.

Also, dys is awesome. She translated an entire volume of manga for me! The Ab3Books listing was cryptic and I thought I was buying an English translation. It arrives--and it's in German.

For some reason, this volume of Angel Sanctuary is super-rare. I paid $15 for it, and the next available one was $60. :eek:

So last night I was able to continue my angst-battle-drama-scenery chewing indulgence without interruption because of dys. :heart:

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk.

Kiddo is still feeling a little iffy this morning, so I opted to just let her stay home. Hubby's off today, and I was working from home anyway, so we have a house full! (The cats are freaking out, this never happens)

Sadly, it probably doesn't bode well for lunch-time writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.