The Missiletoe Command Arcade & Slushy Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm feeling low. I've done everything you're supposed to do about it and when that failed, finally caved and emailed a friend asking if we could talk about what's bugging me. Now I'm terrified that as soon as she checks her email, all my friends will go "EWWWWW, AN EMOTIONALLY NEEDY PERSON!" and run the other way when they see me walking down the street.

I came out to go to the gym, but for the first time in my life I think maybe I'll just go home. I'll have to go tomorrow instead.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Reading such an awesome epic fantasy series has not helped my writerly ambitions. It's just made them bigger than ever before, so my ambition now vastly outstrips my talent in every possible respect.

Makes me feel small and stupid, it does.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Review done. But it's a bit too late to do much else as it's five to midnight here.

So. Much. Flailing.

<Rod Stewart singing voice>"I am flailing. I am FLAAAILLING..."

Hey guys. I'm feeling low. I've done everything you're supposed to do about it and when that failed, finally caved and emailed a friend asking if we could talk about what's bugging me. Now I'm terrified that as soon as she checks her email, all my friends will go "EWWWWW, AN EMOTIONALLY NEEDY PERSON!" and run the other way when they see me walking down the street.

I came out to go to the gym, but for the first time in my life I think maybe I'll just go home. I'll have to go tomorrow instead.

:Hug2:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Though I did do some very basic outlining for the rabies WIP. I need to decide what role the villages will play and how. Maybe my Rabid book will provide inspiration.

If you haven't read it already, The Plague Dogs is... well, it ain't cheery, but it is loaded with handy facts and observations. :)

To everyone who needs a little bit of uplifting: a site with a...very interesting title... :D

Gods, that is an acid flashback I didn't need...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did read it but it was early highschool I believe so only a few parts stand out (which is better than usual for me.) Maybe I'll reread. Cheers.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
To misquote a movie i liked very much: If writing wasn't hard, then everybody would do it. The hard is what makes it great.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know any magazines looking for short fiction in the cyberpunk/post-cyberpunk/near future SF genres? That seems to be all I know how to write short story-wise. XD

Interzone maybe? My first of two stories published there (caveat: not with the current editors) got a review that said I was "well versed in cyberpunk". That came as news to me - I hadn't even read Neuromancer then! (I have now.) Zanzjan has been published there under the current editorship, so hopefully she will comment here?

I'm sure Asimov's and F & SF wouldn't say no to that kind of SF if the story was good enough. There's also Analog, but I know far less about that market.

Go here, start at the top and work your way down. Also look at the anthology market listings.

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

It's not sunny, so I'm leaving that there in lieu of the real thing which I am beginning to believe I shall never see again.

Handy hint for today: logging in with your password as your user name doesn't work - you can't believe how often I try to do that.

:Coffee:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Tahiti sounds good. I just read today that even the birds arriving from the south take one look around here, say: 'I can't work under these circumstances!' and are off again back south. Can't blame them.

Still, the bird feeders are packed these days. It's great to see the birds in such numbers. We were rather worried at the start of the cold spell that we didn't see any birds.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Woke up this morning feeling massively, massively, vastly discouraged about my writing. I'm never going to succeed, at anything, ever.

it'll pass, it always has. But i hate it while it's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.