Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I want to start planning my solo novel for a bit, before I commit to writing it.

Is there a place on these forums where I can post what I have so far and dump ideas pertaining to the story, while people can post feedback or advice?

If so, would that be entirely weird?

Thanks!

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Well, the closest would be the brainstorming section, but that's really just for occasional use.

I appreciate that you like the forum and respect our opinions, but this isn't really the place for that kind of thing - we prefer to give opinions on work that's close to finished, not that's in the early stages. I think it might do your work more harm than good to have dozens, maybe hundreds of people giving their opinions on your plot-building process as you do it.

Keep it on your pc, and if you want to share it with people pick a few trusted sorts and share it with them using dropbox or googledocs. That's what I do.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I think you are looking for a critique partner.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was my thought, too. Maybe you should post in Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies with a brief overview of what you write and what kind of relationship you seek in a critique partner.

It's too bad you don't have anything polished enough to make Share Your Work (SYW) a good idea, since some people like to see a bit of your writing before they reply.

Maryn, wishing you success

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
Wait.

I have a short story. It's on my blog, though, so would it still be okay to post here for critique?

Also, I have two stories in mind each with their own settings and plot, and I have an equal standing with both... Is there a place I could post them to see what I shake out? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.