How to view rep point messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried searching but drew a blank. I noticed, for the first time this evening, that I have a couple of rep points. My CP only shows the most recent 8. How do I find earlier rep points so that I can read the comments?

Thanks

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
Please ignore me. I am guessing that some people have given me rep points without comments, resulting in the disparity between number of points and number of messages displayed.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. Your reps will keep going and going for what seems like forever until one day, you scroll down and notice that your earlier ones have disappeared! They're gone for good once that happens, but I think there's a thread around here somewhere about saving them to your HD before they go.

I'll poke around and see if I can find the thread if you're interested. Otherwise, welcome aboard :hi:

ETA: Found it! http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97849

Last edited:

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
It took me a while to realize that it wasn't 1 point per rep. Some reps get more than one point. So that might be another reason for the discrepency.

Deleted member 42

I spend YEARS writing the FAQS in BLOOD and TEARS and no one but Sophia reads them . . . .

:cry:

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I read the FAQ! That's how I figured it out!
:D

Last edited:

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
I spend YEARS writing the FAQS in BLOOD and TEARS and no one but Sophia reads them . . . .

I read the FAQs all the time! Sometimes I make cider and cookies and just sit down to read the AW FAQs. :D

Seriously though, I do go and read them a disturbing amount. I think I've read the rep points one at least four times. (No, I'm not obsessive about my rep points; why do you ask? ;))

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
I read the FAQ, but when I had 27 points but could only see eight comments, the FAQ gave no indication that the points / comment ratio was not linear (other than starting with 10 points for some reason). I guessed that there were 9 more comments that I couldn't see.
At this stage with only 8 comments showing the posts about the system only saving 500 made no sense at all.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It's this part that mentioned the non-linearity:

* Some members can give more "points" than others, based on their status. Some members can give more based on how long they've been a member, and how many points they have. (1 point per 1000 days of membership; one point per 10,000 points that they've been given, one point per 10,000 posts they've made.)

It is possible to add to someone's reputation, but not leave a comment. It will show up as usual in your User CP, but the comment area next to the link to the post it was given on will be blank.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, that's not fair. I read one, once. Great voice, but totally lacking in plot development .

ETA: I did wonder if it was lit fic.

Last edited:

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist, when my world is dank and mire, when the barbarians are at the gate, when the clamour of tin-can craziness is falling all around me--that's when I get in my oldest flannel shirt, prop up my feet, and get me to some FAQ pages.

They are a comfort in the darkest times.

No, seriously, I like rereading them every few months, just to check for updates and remind myself of this 'n that.

Deleted member 42

I knew there had to be someone who read them. Sophia makes that sacrifice so the rest of us don't have to bother. Thank you, Sophia.

Sophia, and alleycat and Ultragotha and all of youse what read my FAQs will NOT be visited by Krampus.

mccardey's fate is undecided . . .

Oh, all right, she too will have a stocking full of goodness at Christmas.

And in general, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and an amazing 2014 filled with good news and fortune.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Sophia, and alleycat and Ultragotha and all of youse what read my FAQs will NOT be visited by Krampus.

mccardey's fate is undecided . . .

Oh, all right, she too will have a stocking full of goodness at Christmas.

And in general, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and an amazing 2014 filled with good news and fortune.

As long as it isn't horse manure, thank you. ;-)

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from my fourth trip outside to shovel to keep ahead of the snow fall. We were out for an hour because after we were finished with the first pass, clearing 3.5 inches, another half inch had fallen so we shoveled that up, too.

You can have ALL THE SNOWS!

Or is there a snow/manure FAQ I've missed reading?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want snow. It's summer here. And it's not even a proper scorching hot 105-in-the-shade summer - it's a stupid summer*. I had a jumper on this morning.

*Can somebody make a foot-stamping smiley?

Status
Not open for further replies.