Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Outlaw_Torn

California Lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Since I'm planning to write novels in various genres, I'll be using multiple pen names for Kindle.

Just a few question, though: What should I write in each pen name's "biography" section? Do I have to be specific in place of origin, work history, etc.? Do I have to make each of them different in terms of style and such, or just mention my real name and admit that all of these books are from one person?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Put in what you like. You can claim that you're a blue monkey from the planet Zorg if you like. No one is likely to check up on you.

If you want to you can write, "The Outlaw writes crime fiction as Outlaw Torn, and books for young adults as Outlaw Mended." But you're not obliged to say anything, or to connect your various pseudonyms.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Put in what you like. You can claim that you're a blue monkey from the planet Zorg if you like.

Just don't say you are an orange monkey. They are well known in the galaxy as lesser writers.

In seriousness. If a writer writes well, I personally don't care what genre. I look for their name when I search.

Of course I read several types of genres. One of my favorite "new" authors puts out a book every few months in various genres. They are mostly very good (especially for the price).

The_Outlaw_Torn

California Lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
UPDATE:

Here's another question. The pen name I'm going to use is the same name that at least twenty people share in the US (I've used howmanyofme.com for info). What sort of copyright protection do I have to use, if any? And do I have to be concerned of a lawsuit coming my way?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Names are not copyrighted. That said, anyone can sue you for any reason they like--so considered whether anyone with that name might think you chose it specifically to mislead or disparage (i.e. is it an unusual name, does it belong to any one of great importance, are you associating it with touchy issues like erotica?). There are advantages to having a distinctive, preferably unique, pen name. Amazon and Google tend to lump together any books u der the same name which can cause confusion.

Last edited:

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I'd be more concerned about whether anyone's writing under that name and whether your books might be confused with theirs. You can search on Amazon and Goodreads to get some idea. If none of those twenty people are writing, it's not likely to cause an issue. If they are, you might want to add an initial or something so you don't get lumped together as the same author.

Status
Not open for further replies.