UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiver33

Monolithic
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately being north of Hadrian's Wall it's a bit too far for me.

However, the time and place does give me a precise target for the orbital mind-control laser...

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
It's actually a good few hundred miles south of Hadrians Wall. There's a whole Lake District in the way, for a start... :) So I guess those mind control lasers will miss :)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

However, the time and place does give me a precise target for the orbital mind-control laser...

Eastercon, next April (AKA Satellite 4,) Glasgow ;) Mind control lasers welcome

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score

Which is a good point. I'm in Newcastle (so straddling the Wall :tongue), would anyone be interested in a northern based meet for us northerners/Scots. I would be more than happy to travel to Manchester or Scotland. Or could maybe compromise with Carlisle or the Lake District?

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Which is a good point. I'm in Newcastle (so straddling the Wall :tongue), would anyone be interested in a northern based meet for us northerners/Scots. I would be more than happy to travel to Manchester or Scotland. Or could maybe compromise with Carlisle or the Lake District?

I'll be planniing a northern meet-up for sometime in the summer, but figured it would be better to hold off planning until the upcoming meet-up is over. :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I would be happy to travel up north. Please, not the lakes. They give me a headache.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I would be happy to travel up north. Please, not the lakes. They give me a headache.

Depending on when*, so would I. Somewhere with good rail links would be a good bet (Manchester is, I recall, fairly easy to get to from most directions)

*I've got a busy summer ahead. *looks at calender* Eep!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Um . . . Shakesbear has no idea where Stevenage is. Or what is is. Is there chocolate there?

There's nothing but howling death and the eternal ravenous pain of desolation in Stevenage. But it's quite handy for the A1(M).

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Howling death and the eternal ravenous pain? But no chocolate? Hard choice . . .

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I might be able to make a northern event too as my social life occurs mostly in Nottingham and I know i have friendly beds there. Although whether you northern types could put up with my white stilettos and orange 'tan' is another question.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I might be able to make a northern event too as my social life occurs mostly in Nottingham and I know i have friendly beds there. Although whether you northern types could put up with my white stilettos and orange 'tan' is another question.

They've been reasonably tolerant of my chavvy tendencies so far :D

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
There's nothing but howling death and the eternal ravenous pain of desolation in Stevenage. But it's quite handy for the A1(M).

And for ushering in our dark lord Cthulhu if you know the right incantation and have enough sticky back plastic and a couple of old bog rolls.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
And for ushering in our dark lord Cthulhu if you know the right incantation and have enough sticky back plastic and a couple of old bog rolls.

Now you're being silly. Stuff like that only happens in Hitchin or Baldock.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score

I believe this was one of the main reasons for GSK locating their main research facility in Stevenage.

Status
Not open for further replies.