my first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henriette

Registered
Reaction score
hello to everyone!

i stumbled across this forum yesterday and can not say how excited i am to be joining in on the discussions!

maybe i should tell you all a bit about myself. i'm a 30 year old canadian woman in between careers (i go from musician to receptionist to poker champ to waitress) and am working on my first (eek!) novel, a historical romance set in france in 1835. i attempted to write a modern novel previously, but after struggling and throwing notebooks against the wall in frustration, i turned to the style i've loved reading most over the years- 19th century classics and historical fiction. immediately i found my writing flowed more naturally in the classic, formal style (especially where dialogue is concerned) than it did in a contemporary story. woohoo!

i have completed most of part one (about 12 chapters) but am coming up against the usual problems most writers seem to face-awkward transitions from scene to scene, characters taking the plot in different directions on their own, etc.

hopefully this forum will give me the inspiration and help i need to get the damned thing finished!

thanks for reading my post and i look forward to all the discussions sure to follow.

henriette

SindbadtheSailor

mirror it on every tear
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Henriette,

:Clap: Keep up the good work. And welcome to the Cooler. I'm also new.

Sindbad

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll have fun here, you can bet,
So welcome to you, Henriette! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.