A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Very nice wordage! Tinkering and plotting count too!

Was out of it yesterday, so no writing. Fighting a gout flare up, not fun. It's better today, at least I can put weight on my foot and I made it to the office. I've managed 846 shiny new words today, so far. Don't know if I'll get any more or not. Still over 5k short of hitting 40k, which I wanted to do before year end. May not happen. Anyway, WIP total is now at 34685 words! :D

ETA: Added another 293 this afternoon bringing today's total to 1139! Now at 34978! 5022 short of 40K.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,149. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this one now. Lots of editing to do...but I need to finish it first! (Which I won't, by the end of December; but I'll make it a January goal.)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No words to report this week, but congrats to everyone who managed to write through the madness that was Christmas.:Clap:

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Writing today was painfully slow but I managed to pull out 750 words.

1750 to go before 2013.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Awesome wordage, Liz! :D

Don't fret, muse, the words will come. At least the Holidays are almost over.

Congrats on the paragraphs, HJ. Words is words.

franky s, you can do it! :e2cheer:

Got a whopping 800 even this morning, not planned that way, just happened. ;) That wrapped up the chapter and I'm happy with the way it came out, nice and tidy. That brings the WIP total, including some minor edits for errors I found in the last chapter, to 35,749! (4251 more for 40K) If I push, I might just hit that 40K goal before Tuesday.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Yea for y'all. Too many family members hanging around the holidays to get much generated...as if I was generating before they began popping into my routing. I have been brainstorming, so when I sit down to get her done, then maybe the word count will roll.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,030 today. I'm back in NaNo mode, shoving everything forward and figuring I can fix problems later. I won't hit 100K by the end of December, but I now think that's probably a good thing. :D

lolabelle

Registered
Reaction score
No words today, but did a serious amount of outlining/note-taking on how to revise my ms.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Ken. Good luck with hitting 40K!

862 words today so hoping to write just under 1000 tomorrow to reach five figures.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yay wordage! :e2cheer: Keep going, everyone!

I got 250ish on an Easter play (nothing like starting early, huh?) for work and then I went to dig up my WIP for querying only to find... the latest version is dust in the wind. ::sings to self:: Yep, can't find it. Will have to revise again. Fortunately, it's not a huge deal and I wanted to go over it again before Qing anyway.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about the lost version, HJ.

Got a meager 451 on the next chapter this morning. Now I have some plotting to do, seems the WIP has taken an unexpected twist and I need to consult with Kelli to see what her plan is to get the bad guy. (If she isn't careful, she could get herself fired!)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Good work everyone!

In the past few days I've done zero, ziltch, nada. Not too worried about that though as I've been thinking about upcoming scenes - so progress in some respect.

Going to aim for 2K a day for next week - apart from New Year's Day that is.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
You guys are amazing, both writing and editing! Congratulations on the 15K, osg! :partyguy:

1,009 today. Mostly technical stuff, much of which I suspect is going to get trashed when I do some proper research. Sounds good now, though. :D

Argh on the WIP loss, hj! But I'm sure you will reconstitute it better than ever.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, everyone, working away!

I haven't done anything the last few days. Just couldn't make myself sit down in front of the computer. Consoling myself thinking I do need some rest too, after a hectic fall season.
But tonight I hope to get some words out, despite it being New Year's Eve :D
I need to get that new chapter started. Who needs celebration when there's a novel to be written :tongue

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Awesome wordage and plottage all!

HJ, losing the latest version of your WIP sucks, but I'm with Liz and am sure that you will make it better on the reconstitution.

Got 541 this morning, and that brings the WIP total to 36,739. Still short of my 40K goal by 3261. :( Just wrapped up the scene I was having trouble with yesterday, so at least that's out of the way. Now I still have some plotting to do for the next, since I have no clue as to where this is going. (Kelli is keeping me in suspense!)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HJ, any sign of that elusive MS?

A miserly 312 words over the weekend. I need an ending, a gripping couple of chapters and I can't for the life of me think of one exciting scene.:Shrug: