Reaction score
I'm voting tonight. Definitely.

No - really. Definitely. Tonight.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Voted. It was great to have the opportunity to read new .work like this. Thanks for organizing it, Ambrosia, and thanks to all the poets.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to those who have entered and the ones who have voted. Without you, the contest wouldn't be a contest. :)

So far, there are 30 votes. Four entrants have not voted yet (get your votes in before the deadline!)

Although there's a global announcement about the contest (thank you Rob!), sometimes it takes a personal touch. Please ask your friends to vote. The more votes, the better the contest.

Thanks!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Voted! Finally! Great work, poets.

Indeed you did. :)

That brings us up to 34 votes, with a couple contestants still out.

I would seriously like to see more votes and we are running short on time. Folks, if you have friends at AW who you think would be interested in reading and voting on some very fine poetry, please give them a nudge in pm. Although the announcement is posted, I have found nudging friends has been an effective way to assure people read and vote. The announcement tips them off that there is fun to be had, but then they get busy and need the reminder. So do nudge if you have the time. :)

Thanks, everyone!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I'm out pestering people to vote!

even though I still need to... But at least I have my choices down to a handful. Excellent work everyone! Wow even, kinda mind-blowing.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I know - I haven't voted yet, either, and keep re-reading and changing my mind. You guys are an awesome bunch of poets, and I'm more impressed than I can readily express.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone who entered is a winner, regardless who actually gets the most votes. These poems are fantastic. :)

I am looking forward to receiving your votes, Kelly and Mac. :)

I wanted to give an update. Apparently the prodding people have been doing and the cheer-leading Kelly has been doing :)Hug2:) has been working. We are up to 42 votes. Keep going! :D

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Voted! Hope I did it right ...

You did perfectly. Thank you for your participation. :)

Update on votes: 48 50 as of this morning. (Thanks for rattling trees, folks! Keep rattling! :D)

Oh, and for the four entrants that still have not sent me your votes--you are making me nervous. Seriously. Please don't be disqualified. The counting of the votes will be hard enough without that twist thrown in to the mix. Besides, the prizes are awesome. Get your votes in!

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Fascinating...

I read all these entries everyday for a week, sometimes twice or three times a day. Different times, different days, my different moods... and at the end of the week... I picked the three that I looked forward to the most... to read again because each time I did, something new came to mind.

I need to remember this and do it again! =)

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
I voted, though I had a hard time deciding. The ones that connected the most with me were the ones that made the cut. Not much of a poetry reader, last time was in high school, a few decades ago. Congratulations and best of luck to all who submitted.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Thanks Kelly for the nudge to read.

I'm not much into poetry because English classes made it scary with so much emphasis on all the symbolism and what it's supposed to mean so it made me dislike poetry.

After reading these and not having been in an English class for about three years has helped in changing my mind about reading poetry. Also, the voting rules and having a lot of people vote so that poets can get an idea of what non-poets like to read. Yay! for no pressure!

So I have whittled it down to three although there was a fourth and it was so hard to pick which one to eliminate. Okay sending in my vote now. I hope the poets that wrote the poems I'm voting for have voted.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Though I do not consider myself an expert in poetry, I voted anyway. It was hard to decide among so many good entries. I did my best and am glad to see that many others are doing the same. :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who have voted. (And thanks, Kelly!)

Just voted.

Kinda wish I knew about this early enough to enter myself.

I wish you had, too. I had put up the announcement here and Kelly put it up in Office Party, but I didn't know about the possibility of putting up a global announcement until it was too late. I will pass that suggestion on to the next person to hold a contest though. Hopefully you will be able to enter that one.

Thanks for voting!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I voted a few days ago. I did what Kelly did -- took a week or so to read and re-read, then noticed which ones I was drawn to. I also noticed which poems I thought about when I wasn't reading them. (My first-choice poem was the one I realized I kept thinking about during housecleaning chores!)

Thanks Ambrosia for hosting and coordinating, and thanks to the entrants too. Wonderful work all around. :)