Making money in blogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbency

Registered
Reaction score
These all sites are very useful for making money in blogging but I would like to say also that Affiliate programs enable your blog to serve as a conduit between readers and online sites offering various goods and services. The Internet is profoundly indifferent to your desire to make money with it.

Deleted member 42

1. Affiliate links are not allowed on most content networks--they want the ad income.
2. Affiliate links are pretty pointless unless you've got a fair amount of traffic.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would agree, unless you have the right topic or thousands of uniques a day, affiliate earnings will make adsense earnings look good : /

Eddiewilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thanks You give a great information about Blog and how we make money using Blog..

Thanks
Eddie wilson

VBurd2128

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
The biggest thing I realized is you need to think of what programs make sense for what you blog about, and utilize only those that make sense given your topic/format. If you are running a lot of different things on your site and you don't/hardly make anything off a few of them, you should really consider removing the unpopular ones (even if you don't think they're getting in the way).

DeniseTaylor

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
sitesell.com
I've used Chitika and Infolinks, as well. Just don't go overboard and load up your pages with this stuff. Search engines don't like it, and visitors don't particularly like it either.

Also, something that may help: One should attempt to align content with affiliate products. The more targeted the visitor, the more profitable the visit. :)

If you put irrelevant, generic ads on your site, the click through rate diminishes greatly. But if you offer products related to your content, and weave recommendations for those products into your copy, conversions will increase.

Placing ads in the same place over and over causes ad blindness and visitors won't convert. So you must experiment with ad placement to discover optimum performance.

Oh! And don't forget to put "nofollow" tags on affiliate links for good measure!

marty

Registered
Reaction score
This place is the closest match I can find for the topic about setting up a website named after a book (for example, "thedoorway.com") where orders for the book could be received, so I could then manually place, or transfer, such orders into my account with Lightning Source. Any recommendations as to who or what website creation business is good at this? Appreciate it. Marty K.

BlackMug

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I lost my job before few weeks ago, so I thought to start a freelance writing work. But your points impressed me a lot to do blogging.

Janurmas

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. I think in make money with linkshare advertising network, we need high traffic blog. I prefer to use PPC advertising network like adsense or infolinks.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
As other people have said, it depends on your traffic and trend-worthiness.

I have neither, and that's okay.

I'm one of those terrible Luddites who just turned down a modest-paying ad/targeted blog post offer. While the offer was good and the company's products have a tangential relationship to my blog, I didn't think the writing samples that I saw 'worked' for my future plans for the blog. Right now, the blog isn't directly making me money - but in art and writing contacts, it's doing just fine.

Mike Sanchez

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog. But it's purely more like a personal diary - no grammar rules, punctuation, no editing, etc. I write something there, almost everyday. I write my frustrations, about this client I'm writing for, etc.

If you want to monetize your blog, then go and look for a niche. If it's a wide niche, then niche down. Go with adsense or affiliate marketing... the works! :)

Bushrat

reaching for the sun
Registered
Reaction score
My blog got picked up by an online travel magazine, so they'll now run my blog entries on their site, and pay me just under $30.-/post (which I continue to run on my website as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.