XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got up from my netbook, went and looked at the name of my cupcake decorating kit that has the tip to add fillings to delicious baked goods,

Ohhhh.

Sorry, it read like a pitch-type segue. You know, of the "and here's what I use" *shiny product* "but wait there's more!"

You could have just said it's a specialty tip - because I kind of read that "tip" as a suggestion, not the utensil.

(Which, btw, you can save yourself time, trouble, and expense and just buy tips - and then use sealable bags with the corners cut for the bags)

:)

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are always talking about food... *nom nom nom*

I have to hang out here more. If only life weren't so immensely busy right now. Le sigh.

Did I miss anything really important?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
And for those for whom it may apply:

demotivational-posters-sthressth.jpg

Dude. Are you like peeking in my windows today? :Wha:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are always talking about food... *nom nom nom*

I have to hang out here more. If only life weren't so immensely busy right now. Le sigh.

Did I miss anything really important?

Dr. Guy gave me sausage. Which is why we've been talking in innuendo for pages.

He also txted me to say he enjoyed himself earlier. Maybe it wasn't a non-date ;)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

He also txted me to say he enjoyed himself earlier. Maybe it wasn't a non-date ;)

Fen and Dr. Guyyyyy sitting in a tree :D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you already married? Isn't this kind of late?

:D

Yeah I know, but when MrMacologist and I got married we had a very small, quiet affair with only a few people and we never did a reception or anything. Muslim tradition dictates that we need to have some kind of 'do' to tell people "Hey, we're married, here's some food so you don't forget and get weird about it" so we kinda have to do that at some point.

Complicated life is complicated.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, we're still on h-u-g-g-i-n-g. Dire.

Yeah I know, but when MrMacologist and I got married we had a very small, quiet affair with only a few people and we never did a reception or anything. Muslim tradition dictates that we need to have some kind of 'do' to tell people "Hey, we're married, here's some food so you don't forget and get weird about it" so we kinda have to do that at some point.

...maybe it's easier to be single. I know these non-dates are driving me crazy.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Muslim tradition dictates that we need to have some kind of 'do' to tell people "Hey, we're married, here's some food so you don't forget and get weird about it" so we kinda have to do that at some point.

Ah, I know about this, courtesy of my students.

Especially with regards to the "get weird about it" part, you really do need to throw one.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*ducks behind bushes*

um.... no. Not at all.

Total date.

Sadly, we're still on h-u-g-g-i-n-g. Dire.

...maybe it's easier to be single. I know these non-dates are driving me crazy.

I know of a way to make it move past hugging. First, you go to the liquor store...are you writing this down?

:ROFL:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I know about this, courtesy of my students.

Especially with regards to the "get weird about it" part, you really do need to throw one.

The Asian community (Pakistan/India Asian, not the others) seem to expect huuuuuuuuge weddings, copious amounts of food, lavish dresses, bling-tastic jewellery and a stretch limo or you aren't really married.

Thankfully, my family aren't Asian and MrMac's family aren't here, so we should be spared most of the fuss. I hope.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Ohhhh.

Sorry, it read like a pitch-type segue. You know, of the "and here's what I use" *shiny product* "but wait there's more!"

You could have just said it's a specialty tip - because I kind of read that "tip" as a suggestion, not the utensil.

(Which, btw, you can save yourself time, trouble, and expense and just buy tips - and then use sealable bags with the corners cut for the bags)

I do. The kit came with several tips though and I was in emergency birthday preparedness mode, so I bought the little kit. I've been meaning to do pudding filled cupcakes for ages now.

We had reasonable wedding followed with very fun reception. Even with that, I'd have loved to skip all the junk with planning a wedding and just have done a small gig with very fun reception.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I have tea. I have hopefully got the littlest kiddo clothed in a secure enough fashion that he won't rip his diaper off again and the other two are quiet, so hopefully all is good.

Earl Grey reminds me of quiet times.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have hopefully got the littlest kiddo clothed in a secure enough fashion that he won't rip his diaper off again

Duct tape. No, I don't mean that as a joke.

Obviously make sure the tape is fully on the diaper, because you don't want the adhesive in skin contact. And when you put the duct tape on the diaper, make sure the ends are far enough around the sides to be not easily within reach. Um, unless you have TWO kids willing to help each other, in which case it only slows them down.

I am very glad mine have mostly outgrown that stage, because their room was frequently the target of overnight "Poopcasso" wall art. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.