XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It does seem like a lot. But when you consider how much goes into strawberry jam, then strawberry wine and strawberry leather, plus just canning and freezing and eating some fresh. and this is to be split between two households. 25 pounds doesn't go near as far as you think.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. didn't someone say that there was a posting high score table? How do I find it.

Morning Fen.

Go to SFF. Click on the number of posts in this or any thread. I think I'm still the top scorer as you (kinda) put it :)

And I see your edit and now insist you call me La Femme Fenika. ;)

Hi all. I am tired and in bed already. I highly suggest mint.com for tracking your spending and finding ways to squeeze money into savings. Depending on payday sucks. :/

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
It does seem like a lot. But when you consider how much goes into strawberry jam, then strawberry wine and strawberry leather, plus just canning and freezing and eating some fresh. and this is to be split between two households. 25 pounds doesn't go near as far as you think.

and strawberry daiquiris.... :)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm. Ground-up monkey organs actually sounds pretty good...

Er, high fructose corn syrup and fake colouring don't.

But ground-up monkey organ pie with strawberry sauce...

And with that, I realize that I'm deranged and had better say goodnight.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
You're basically right. You mixed crushed strawberries with some sugar, lemon juice, etc. and then bake it until it becomes like a fruit roll-up. It's a preservation technique (and it tastes terrific!).

ETA: Okay, I don't actually know if it's a preservation technique. It never lasts long enough to test the principle.

Last edited:

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I could use a little mischief. Just another Saturday night at home; LOML working, just me and the (8yr. old)Taz.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Taz is my son.

And that board game; are you trying to give me nightmares? I'm very sensitive! I could have nightmares!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We got Cupcake on Monday, but there was some question as to whether she could remain with the family. Seems they

I'm glad Cupcake is feeling better! She's beautiful :)

ROFL! :)

My hip hurtz :(

Ow

Boo. :( *hugs and loans you Carlos, all-round masseur, osteopath, chiropractor and hottie*

But it's nice when birds are the main noise ("Robin-Starling Wars: The Cheepening").

Hehe! The Cheepening! I can just see it! (or, hear it even!) :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score

Are you a trained assassin then? She's tall and fair-haired, so are you... IT'S ALL COMING CLEAR NOW...

I'd better tread carefully round Miss Fenika. I've probably said too much already.

Hehe! The Cheepening! I can just see it! (or, hear it even!) :)

Be careful what you wish for - that sounds dangerously near to an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel title to me.

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Go to SFF. Click on the number of posts in this or any thread. I think I'm still the top scorer as you (kinda) put it :)

Thank you. I was slightly mortified to discover I am third. I've only been here for two minutes. New title now committed to memory ma'am, just don't blame me if you end up in the next AtCT. Oh, and on the savings thing, one suggestion I have spotted and try to use, sometimes to good effect is to pay yourself first. Take a percentage straight out of your pay and put it in a savings account, 10% is recommended, but I personally go with a minimum of 1% and more if I can manage it. You start off saving teeny, tiny amounts and you think 'is it worth it?' but they all add up.

It's a preservation technique (and it tastes terrific!)
Ah, now you see, there's mutual exclusivity. That's never going to be a preservation technique.

Boo. :( *hugs and loans you Carlos, all-round masseur, osteopath, chiropractor and hottie*
Hey, where have you been storing him? He's not on the map.

Morning cantinas :Sun:
I'm taking a day off and hoping to mainly read. Next door seem to be going in for some kind of decorating and door slamming competition so this may prove interesting. I shall apply the MP3 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.