Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Woods

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
web.itctel.com
No, no, no. Writing is staring at a blank doc/blog entry/etc. and having ideas that you can't shape yet. Total absence of them is want-to-find-something-smashable-and-smash-it territory.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

Why is it *my* fault you are technologically impaired??

Because you are excluding my iPhone culture!

Helloooo guys.

I got divebombed by a hummingbird! Refilling the feeder requires standing in a high-traffic area, lol. Tore a huge hole in my hood, but neither s/he nor I came away with any injuries.

Well, I bet there was some injured pride for the bird. :D

And guess who finally spat out that damn salivary gland stone? Score! Now I can quit eating lemons whole. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the snatch patch "celebrating". ;)

Awww, and ewww, and enjoy!

Finally got my competition results back. I didn't win anything. Boo. :Shrug: What's worse is. I skimmed through the winning entries, and I reckon mine was better. Huh! :rant:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholding-editor.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gardening, including the harvest and devouring of sugar snaps and black raspberries. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oooof. Finished an editing pass. One more to go before I can go back to my own work for a bit. Still haven't quite finished the PNR.

Though, I'm stuck with an issue. I originally wrote the PRN (it's m/m erotic, specifically) targeting a certain epub. Lately, there's been some rumblings about payment issues with said epub, though they've had a very good rep in the past, make decent sales, etc. I also personally know three editors there.

But I'm wondering if I shouldn't send it out to several epubs that handle such works, just to see what happens.

eghapffpt. :Shrug:

After I polish that, I'm revisiting the high fantasy manuscript that's been done but resting for a good editing pass. I may need a beta after that. But at my rate, that'll be in the fall. :cry:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Oooof. Finished an editing pass. One more to go before I can go back to my own work for a bit. Still haven't quite finished the PNR.

Though, I'm stuck with an issue. I originally wrote the PRN (it's m/m erotic, specifically) targeting a certain epub. Lately, there's been some rumblings about payment issues with said epub, though they've had a very good rep in the past, make decent sales, etc. I also personally know three editors there.

But I'm wondering if I shouldn't send it out to several epubs that handle such works, just to see what happens.

eghapffpt. :Shrug:

After I polish that, I'm revisiting the high fantasy manuscript that's been done but resting for a good editing pass. I may need a beta after that. But at my rate, that'll be in the fall. :cry:

I think I've seen the same rumblings. Can't hurt to send it to a few places. There are a lot of good epubs that storyline might fit. Good luck with it! It's always exciting to send stuff out. :D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Aye.

heh.

That wasn't intentional...at first.

I was swallowed by a four hour meeting.

*sings* A four hour tour meeting.

So I found out that there exist in the world key lime pie gelato ice cream sandwiches with graham cracker crust cookies. Anybody know about these things? Because I am mondo intrigued.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning friends!

Baby and I are up but Baby is doing that eating while sleeping thing so we'll see how long he can keep that up. And then the question comes, should I go back to bed or stay up and work on my SFF Challenge story?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

Perhaps I should send them new glasses. Well, never mind. I submitted it elsewhere instead. I'm still slightly peeved though.

Good morning cantinas :Sun:

Today I have the excitement of obtaining my cash from my savings account - delayed two days because someone decided to close all banks and celebrate their jubilee - and order a bathroom sink. I hope said someone appreciates me going without a sink for an extra amount of time. Probably not.

I shall try some touch typing practise today as well.

Better go and cook breakfast then. Later.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Kricket and Wee Little Kricket.

Perhaps I should send them new glasses. Well, never mind. I submitted it elsewhere instead. I'm still slightly peeved though.

You're peeved because you believe in your work. That's a good thing, believe it or not. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Need sleep. Need money. Dilema. Sadface. Groan.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Have had sleep. Going to work. Sadface.

One hour between end of work and bus to writers' group meeting, so busy day. Oh well, only three days before the weekend.

Have a good day, Cantina.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Kricket and Wee Little Kricket.

Good morning to you too. :)

So I just got a good hour nap before Baby K woke up again and in that time I had a wonderful dream that made me sad when I woke up and realized it could never come true. It had to do with a friend who passed away about a year a a half ago. I now have that weird happy/sad feeling.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
You're peeved because you believe in your work. That's a good thing, believe it or not. :)

Thank you :Hug2:

I'm also slightly annoyed with myself, but I'm working on that.

I have returned from town. I can confirm it is still there. More shops seem to be empty though. I went in the library. That was nice.

Now we have showers.

As there is tea being made I'd better sort some food.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
:hi:

Sorry I've been lost for a while. Cat bites on fingers aren't fun! My Lucky cat is alive and well. The daggers due to the pill dropped down the throat continue, but they are lessening because we're down to a half pill a day. (yeah...)

On the writing front, I got my latest rejection... From which another editor missed the point of a story. ("The ending fell flat.") After 15 rejections, I'm debating trunking the story. One last place to send it, but I can't before September.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*flops on couch*

Working out is hard.

*goes to sleep*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. So I had this terrific idea, write a little (like 40K) PNR under a new pen name, and use it as an experimental entry into the indie publishing gig, get my feet wet and see how well it went.

Problem: the story is getting complicated. If I want to do it right, it's going to require a couple weeks just of world building and character design. There's a multi-part story arc germinating, like a weed, in my imagination. It wants to get big and complex and really fricking cool.

But I only wanted it to be a little experiment. So what do I do? Pull up those lovely, lovely weeds and stick to the little story idea I originally had? Try something new, and save this cool idea for later? Or start cultivating, and let the story grow where it will?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:hi:

Sorry I've been lost for a while. Cat bites on fingers aren't fun! My Lucky cat is alive and well. The daggers due to the pill dropped down the throat continue, but they are lessening because we're down to a half pill a day. (yeah...)

On the writing front, I got my latest rejection... From which another editor missed the point of a story. ("The ending fell flat.") After 15 rejections, I'm debating trunking the story. One last place to send it, but I can't before September.

Aww Kitty. Aww hand.

I was about to trunk a story of mine, but sent it to an anthology as kind of a last-ditch effort. And they wanted it! So keep looking for a home for it, even if it's at a slower pace.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. So I had this terrific idea, write a little (like 40K) PNR under a new pen name, and use it as an experimental entry into the indie publishing gig, get my feet wet and see how well it went.

Problem: the story is getting complicated. If I want to do it right, it's going to require a couple weeks just of world building and character design. There's a multi-part story arc germinating, like a weed, in my imagination. It wants to get big and complex and really fricking cool.

But I only wanted it to be a little experiment. So what do I do? Pull up those lovely, lovely weeds and stick to the little story idea I originally had? Try something new, and save this cool idea for later? Or start cultivating, and let the story grow where it will?

My vote? Marinate that bad boy and see where things take you.

*2 coppers*

Status
Not open for further replies.