The MTS Braggatorium

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Congrats on the signing, BFlo! Since y'all have helped me so much through all this brain surgery stuff, I wanted to share my good news too:

1) Outside In Literary and Travel Magazine published my short memoir, "In the Company of Forever." It's huge to me because I seem to have no problem publishing mysteries or freelance articles, but the literary scene has mostly turned their noses up at my work. Now I have a literary credit besides Smith Magazine's Six-Word Memoirs.

2) My first book review for iON Oklahoma Magazine appears in the April/May issue. It's on newsstands but I'm not sure when it goes online. I've been asked to write the next one and think I'm about to be their book columnist.

3) My Six-Word Memoirs have been kickin' this week. "My Netflix is stuck in 1989," made Best of the Week and Editor's Picks plus my rather controversial six on the Supreme Court ruling made Most Commented. Still there, was number 2 now number 4.

I highly recommend Sixing as a way to tighten your prose.

4) And finally, I got a note from an international art magazine. One of their staffers saw my latest article for Art Focus Oklahoma (pp. 12-13) and wanted me to send samples to their senior editor.

Crossing my fingers!

Lucie
still shooting for 100 pub. credits by the end of the year—if the brain cooperates.

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray:Lucie!!! That's awesome!

My short story, 'The Branch of Thorns' will finally be in the African American Review (Johns Hopkins University press) towards the end of this month. It's my US debut.

I say 'finally' because it was accepted in August 2011. AAR is a quarterly publication and I had to wait my turn. Sheesh. It's been a loooong wait. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent news! Wonder, that's fabulous - that's an amazing list of accomplishments. And muse, wow! Congratulations on the (delayed) publication. I'm with wonder. You have the patience of a saint.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Lucie, that's fantastic! :)

Gail, wonderful. :) AAR wins some kind of award for slow. :tongue

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Lucie & BfloGal! Well-earned!

I say 'finally' because it was accepted in August 2011. AAR is a quarterly publication and I had to wait my turn. Sheesh. It's been a loooong wait. :D

Eeep! I'll say! Wow, you are indeed the Queen of Patience! Congrats, and here's to quicker turnarounds in the future!

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats folks, I should read this thread more often, it makes me want to get off my butt and crack on with my WIP.

Again well done.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
My first-ever book column is up in iON Oklahoma Magazine, an OKC-area publication. While it's mainly mainstream books, I'm proud to have established that I will always include at least one book with an Okie connection. Feel free to send recommendations for my "Summer Reads" column—from the Big 6, Small Presses or Indies. They have to be new books, 2014, and on the shelves in OKC, even if just in one indie shop.

(pages 43-45)
http://issuu.com/donswift/docs/apr-may_ionokmag_web

Hooray!

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Hi!

My first novel went live today on Amazon! I have published nonfiction before, but this is way bigger for me than those, even if I am (just) self publishing this time. It's neither mystery nor thriller, although it might loosely fit in as a suspense novel. Really, it's more Science Fiction than anything, although there is an overarching Western theme throughout most of it.

It's called Awaken. It's on Amazon.

My next one is a thriller. I've already written 20,000+ words of it!

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first-ever book column is up in iON Oklahoma Magazine, an OKC-area publication. While it's mainly mainstream books, I'm proud to have established that I will always include at least one book with an Okie connection. Feel free to send recommendations for my "Summer Reads" column—from the Big 6, Small Presses or Indies. They have to be new books, 2014, and on the shelves in OKC, even if just in one indie shop.

(pages 43-45)
http://issuu.com/donswift/docs/apr-may_ionokmag_web

Hooray!

I read it and I think it's awesome! Congrats, Lucie! :hooray:

Hi!

My first novel went live today on Amazon! I have published nonfiction before, but this is way bigger for me than those, even if I am (just) self publishing this time. It's neither mystery nor thriller, although it might loosely fit in as a suspense novel. Really, it's more Science Fiction than anything, although there is an overarching Western theme throughout most of it.

It's called Awaken. It's on Amazon.

My next one is a thriller. I've already written 20,000+ words of it!

Congrats! That's brilliant! I hope it does really well. :partyguy:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Matt! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Direct link to Matt's book here. (Hopefully he doesn't mind!)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Finally, the 2nd edition of Bread & Butter the Murders of Polly Frisch is available on Amazon-Kindle and paperback (and on Lulu in hardcover). Think it might be on Nook too, but from my dashboard its still spinning on upload. :(

Took a while on Amazon as I had a little issue to sort out with them concerning my owning the rights due to a plagiarist out there that needs to be dealt with. But it's up. It's been a long haul. Non-fiction is no simple task to format for ebooks.