The MTS Braggatorium

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I just got my box of books! It looks fabulous! It's very exciting, but I'm also scared to death that nobody will buy it. It's not officially for sale until the first of November, and the last time I checked it was not on Amazon yet, but I'm thrilled to have these copies early so I have them to hand sell at my author events. Never thought I'd see my novels in print. It's been thirteen years, two agents, hundreds of rejections. Forgive my exuberance!

:hooray: I will buy it! I can't wait!

You may not ask forgiveness for exuberance. This is HUGE!!!! We are exuberant for you! You've earned the excitement, my friend. :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Well, God bless you then. I knew what it was like to wait twenty years before I had another up in print. I'll be on Amazon soon, too. We can wait for it. It's a second thrill.

Tri

I just got my box of books! It looks fabulous! It's very exciting, but I'm also scared to death that nobody will buy it. It's not officially for sale until the first of November, and the last time I checked it was not on Amazon yet, but I'm thrilled to have these copies early so I have them to hand sell at my author events. Never thought I'd see my novels in print. It's been thirteen years, two agents, hundreds of rejections. Forgive my exuberance!

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats. I'll look for it a B&N.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Congratulations Jesymour! :D I can only imagine at this point how exciting that actually is! amazing and euphoric, I'm sure!

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
One more brag from me, and I'll shut up about this book. Last night I did my launch party at a local independent bookstore. There must have been thirty or thirty-five people there. The store sold 28 of the 30 books they bought, and will order more. My friend Hank Philipi Ryan called in her order, because she was too busy to be there. If anybody wants signed copies with a credit card, the bookstore is happy to oblige.

This was all just overwhelming. I didn't know I had so many friends. Two of my childhood friends drove over an hour to come. Most of my writers' group came.

Wow. :partyguy:

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Got a request from an e-publisher for my first novel, The Chosen! I am sooooo excited!!!

So what does that mean? They've requested to read the full or they've accepted your book? If it's published, where does it come out? Just kindle or just smashwords or what? Which publisher? Sorry for all the questions, but I spent the entire day yesterday fighting with kindle, trying to get my novel up there and failing because of some weird formatting issues. I would love to just go to an electronic publisher, but haven't seen one I like.

Oh - now for the further brag - I'm the guest on the Writers Who Kill blog today. Please check it out and leave a comment.

http://writerswhokill.blogspot.com/2011/01/j-e-seymour-interview.html

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You're right, I was vague.

The publisher is an e-pub, but they also offer POD. They have requested the full, which is a first for this novel (my first one I eve wrote). It hasn't been purchased yet, but I am going to be offering some short stories on Kindle soon. Just have to fine tune them and do the formatting. Jes, I'm starting on that process of putting stuff on Kindle too. PM me if you have any formatting questions and I'll try to help (fat lot of good it may do you because I'm damn near clueless)

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Big time brag here...

I've been offered a contract on my novel, The Chosen, by Champagne Books.

Yes, I've got a contract for something I wrote... I can't believe it as I type it; someone wants to pay me money for something I not only created, but wrote!!!

Tentative release date is April 2012, but I'll let you guys know when it actually comes out. For now, I'm having a Scotch and getting back to writing.

And also, big congrats to my lead character in this one, Detective Brad Porter, who I thought was never going to make it out of my own brain. He was my long shot, but he did it. I'm still in awe.