Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaPappenheim

"Quod me alit, me extinguit."
Registered
Reaction score
Inspired by a video I saw a while back (you can see that in the post as well) I wrote a love letter to myself. Turned out be a lot harder than it thought it would be:e2coffee:

https://geekheaven87.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/write-a-love-letter-to-yourself/

Nice blog! A friend of mine also did this write-yourself-a-love-letter challenge, and also said it was hard. She wouldn't let me read it though! Yours is nice :)

I've been to Oslo, by the way. (Saw that's where you're from.) I loved it there! I couldn't believe how clean the water was, even right out of the tap in the motel room. And cold-- in the middle of summer, it made the faucet perspire and fog it was so cold. And the green, green grass… Wish I would have explored the whole of Norway more though, seen the fjords.

Last edited:

AnnaPappenheim

"Quod me alit, me extinguit."
Registered
Reaction score
I found a funny new author! Sharing.

Oh hey, that does look like a fun book! I like what you wrote too, in your blog post, about trying new things as far as reading goes.

I should do that too. I get stuck in reading books to learn, rather than to enjoy, and I spend much time underlining, taking notes, and pausing to reflect on things like style (with lit books, I mean; 'How To' books are even worse in terms of pausing to look a bunch of stuff up online). I remember when I just used to READ, with my only thought being "what's going to happen next?"

Thanks for sharing!

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com
Oh hey, that does look like a fun book! I like what you wrote too, in your blog post, about trying new things as far as reading goes.

I should do that too. I get stuck in reading books to learn, rather than to enjoy, and I spend much time underlining, taking notes, and pausing to reflect on things like style (with lit books, I mean; 'How To' books are even worse in terms of pausing to look a bunch of stuff up online). I remember when I just used to READ, with my only thought being "what's going to happen next?"

Thanks for sharing!

I used to read nothing but Harlequin Romances and after awhile I got so sick because each one seemed to be the same story, one after the other, only the characters are different. Arrogant man, virgin girl, mean ole ex-girlfriend or wife. The man was rich, the girl either worked for him or was trying to get a job in his company, etc, etc, etc. Am I dating myself? lol

Anyway, that's when I switched to suspense and horror, trying to branch out. I'm so happy I didn't get bored reading outside my comfort zone. :)

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
Hi everyone - I just want to say how much I enjoy reading your blogs and keeping up with the fascinating things you're doing. Thanks for hours of wonderful reading, my blogger-writer friends.

Today on my blog: "Hard Drive Hell" - Downsizing, part three. Adventures in destroying old hard drives. Some cussing may have been involved!

Gail's Place

Status
Not open for further replies.