• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Milkweed Editions

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Behind you at 261.

And the only duotrope response (for fiction, excluding the poetry and else) is an April 2nd rejection at 238 days.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome, Bethany.

Another R from Milkweed was reported on Duotrope this morning, at 238 days. That's the latest since last time I posted here. Fingers cross for you two. And, of course, for fruitself. :p

truantoranje

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to you both as well! The more they knock off, the better our chances. They sure are taking their sweet time about it though!

truantoranje

Registered
Reaction score
Sitting at 288 days and counting. <tick tock tick tock> *sigh* I'm patient, but this is dragging on a great deal longer than I expected. :Shrug:

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Right? They plan to reopen to subs in July, so hopefully they'll have gotten everything responded to by then...

truantoranje

Registered
Reaction score
Part of me wants to simultaneously submit this book elsewhere, but the larger part is hesitant. I guess I'll just wait it out. It can't be THAT much longer of a wait, right?

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
I wish they'd make use of that comments (by staff) section on the status page, at least.

Just wondering how long of an additional wait it'd be if they want to see the rest of the ms.

truantoranje

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's right - it's a partial. I subbed so long ago I forgot. We can probably tack on an additional 3-4 months after they request the full as they'll likely request several they're keen on. Grr. Yeah, I'm subbing this elsewhere as long as we're still waiting. And you're right - they should use the comments section or at least update those still waiting.

Last edited:

susanfishy

Writer. Editor, Writing Coach
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm on Day 270 with Milkweed. I actually contacted them to ask generically whether they are still considering submissions and they said that they are. They said that a submission moves to Under Consideration when it goes to an editor's mailbox. Their goal is to respond to all submissions received last summer by July 1. I keep thinking that I could have had an entire pregnancy in the time I've been waiting to hear back. Anyone on Duotrope have any updates?

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Hey Susan - Duotrope hasn't had any response updates since the 2nd of April, so no new news there. The great thing about them using a submission manager is that you can see your work is still listed as Under Consideration so there's no doubt they've still got it ... just no idea of how long they'll take with that process. :)

Good luck to us!

truantoranje

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm on Day 270 with Milkweed. I actually contacted them to ask generically whether they are still considering submissions and they said that they are. They said that a submission moves to Under Consideration when it goes to an editor's mailbox. Their goal is to respond to all submissions received last summer by July 1. I keep thinking that I could have had an entire pregnancy in the time I've been waiting to hear back. Anyone on Duotrope have any updates?

July 1 will be exactly one year after I submitted (currently at 299 days). I guess they must have received a deluge of subs. :cry:

susanfishy

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my question: do you imagine the submissions that haven't received replies yet are more likely in a Maybe Request More file or in a Still Haven't Been Read file? Or where?

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Since all we know is that Under Consideration means it's been moved to an editor's inbox, I think it's impossible to know the exact status. I'd love to assume that 34 weeks in the inbox would indicate it's actually be *opened* - but... :D

susanfishy

Registered
Reaction score
289 days and losing patience. I contacted them the other day again and they said that they are continuing to respond but plan to get through the slush pile before the close of the next submission period in September. So that potentially means another four months of waiting. They also said that they have not even opened many of the submission files.

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Hopefully that doesn't extend to those they changed over to Under Consideration, but it well might. Geez.

susanfishy

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently it does include the Under Consideration ones. Sigh.

susanfishy

Registered
Reaction score
That's how I felt too. I actually think it's ridiculous.