• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Green Shore Publishing

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say I'd be surprised if any writers were clueless enough to go with GSP, but I'm not. There are lots of uninformed and desperate people jumping into every possible moneymaking venture.

Very true, alas. It never ceases to amaze me that people spend months or years working on a book, then Google "publisher" and go with the first vanity press/clueless amateur startup they find.

I don't know what GSP mean when they say that they've only been "opperating" for six months but those YouTube videos were uploaded in April. For all we know the company's biggest outlay so far may have been the £20 per month they pay for their mailing address. If just one poor innocent is unable to resist the temptation to pay £1500 they could make a nice little profit.

Is anyone else just a wee bit disappointed that so far we haven't heard from GSP? I've been half-expecting threats of legal action and accusations that we're all a bunch of bitter unpublished failures. That would really get the ball rolling!

Needless to say I shall spend the next few days exercising my Googling finger in a search for more incoherent puffs for Green Shore Publishing. This is what I love about BRBC - you come across stories that you really couldn't make up!

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Is anyone else just a wee bit disappointed that so far we haven't heard from GSP? I've been half-expecting threats of legal action and accusations that we're all a bunch of bitter unpublished failures. That would really get the ball rolling!

Needless to say I shall spend the next few days exercising my Googling finger in a search for more incoherent puffs for Green Shore Publishing. This is what I love about BRBC - you come across stories that you really couldn't make up!

If they are smart they won't respond, and just disappear. I'm at the stage of applying Filigree's Rule to outfits as egregious as GSP: 'some authors deserve some publishers, and vice versa.'

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com

Just a little bit disappointed. A smidge. I'm not sure how they could defend themselves at this point, past what they already said in their response to you.

*Flash of purple smoke, the curtain pulls aside and a flying keyboard-monkey screeches "BASELESS ACCUSATIONS! SLANDER!"*

The reality would probably be far more banal.

BTW, while searching "Green Shore" on google I came across the e-book only Agatha Christie called HERCULE POIROT AND THE GREEN SHORE FOLLY. As a result his thread is now filed in my brain as ALICESHORTCAKE AND THE GREEN SHORE CONUNDRUM.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Back to the "how old is GSP?" question.

(No, I don't have a life.)

I wondered if GSP might have been silly enough to leave a clue to the company's ownership somewhere. No such luck:

Creation Date: 2014-03-06 15:18:32
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
http://whois.polodomains.com/domain/oupvAkeQSjTk3cMT6BOjXp_2PSTH7e31_info.html

There are many good reasons why a company operating from someone's home might want to keep the owner's identity private, but Domains by Proxy is also a gift to scammers.

ETA: Ooh, look! Another strangely familiar puff piece, this time trumpeting GSP's cover design skills:

http://www.pasuicideprevention.com/green-shore-publishing-importance-of-publishing/

Handry strikes again...

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Yes. Why in the hell is a UK company registering their domain in Scottsdale, Arizona? That address is less than 30 miles away from me - I can look them up.

I've had experience with other companies who've registered their businesses and sites far afield. Sometimes it had innocent enough reasons. Sometimes it was obviously done to conceal certain activities and make them difficult to trace.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Domains By Proxy is a service provided by GoDaddy. From the GoDaddy Support FAQ:

Domains By Proxy FAQ
What is the difference between public and private domain name registration?
Per our registrar agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the contact and registrant information listed for your domain name must be made public. Using false information is a violation and can lead to the termination of your domain name registration.

We understand most people do not want their personal contact information (name, address, email address, and phone number) made public in the Whois database. That’s why we have offered Private Registration services through an affiliate company, Domains By Proxy® (DBP), since 2002.

When you purchase DBP Private Registration services, the Whois database lists DBP's name, mailing address, and phone number instead of your personal contact information.

DBP also creates a private unique email address for your domain name — you decide to have any arriving email forwarded, filtered for spam, or not forwarded at all.

Private Registration provides a variety of benefits! It helps you:
Protect your identity
Stop domain name-related spam
Thwart harassers and stalkers
End data mining
Maintain personal and family privacy
Prevent your domain from being hijacked
Shield legitimate entrepreneurial business endeavors
Voice political and other First Amendment speech
DBP does not allow you to use its private domain name services for spamming, violating the law, or engaging in morally objectionable activities. Violating these policies will result in service cancellation.
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/421/domains-by-proxy-faq

It's widely used, but inevitably there are those who take advantage of the fact that DBP makes it impossible to identify individuals or companies selling dodgy services.

The URL of Handry's latest masterpiece is indeed disturbing, particularly as the Pennsylvania Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative also goes by the name "PA Suicide Prevention".

Last edited:

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Why in the hell is a UK company registering their domain in Scottsdale, Arizona? That address is less than 30 miles away from me - I can look them up.

I've had experience with other companies who've registered their businesses and sites far afield. Sometimes it had innocent enough reasons. Sometimes it was obviously done to conceal certain activities and make them difficult to trace.

It's likely not their address, but GoDaddy's corporate address.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I've just noticed that the picture on GSP's home page is a stock image of a book printed in French. Still, I suppose when you haven't actually published any real books you have to improvise...

conorp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly this is my first post, so hi guys :)

To be honest I originally found this forum while researching Green Shore Publishing and despite the negative reviews here I still went ahead with them.

My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I purchased the £300 package which I feel is quite affordable and i'm quite happy. In particular I was searching for Layout/Internal Design and distribution and they have not disappointed.

I'm looking forward to posting for here and getting to know a few of you better.

Conor

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My underlining below.

My, you and Green Shore have been busy bees. You do realise this is only a nine-day-old thread of which four days represent weekends.

=conorp;8974722]Hi,

To be honest I originally found this forum while researching Green Shore Publishing and despite the negative reviews here I still went ahead with them.

My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I purchased the £300 package which I feel is quite affordable and i'm quite happy. In particular I was searching for Layout/Internal Design and distribution and they have not disappointed.

I'm looking forward to posting for here and getting to know a few of you better.

Conor

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Conor, I started this thread nine days ago. What has Green Shore Publishing done for you in five working days that you're so happy with?

ETA: Bufty got there first!

Last edited:

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com

At the risk of being pedantic, there are no "reviews" in this thread, only questions raised about GSP itself and its ability to follow through on its promised offerings.

If you're happy with what they've done for you in the past couple of days, Conor, you could help us all out by letting us know the name of the book GSP has produced for you & made available for distribution. We've all had terrible trouble finding anything produced by GSP, you see, and some of their named retail partners also seem to be drawing a blank with regard to any sort of partnership.

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I may be cynical, but I think our friend Conorp is fictitious, as is his novel - excusing the puns.

Last edited:

Sixpence

Registered
Reaction score
Website
orlawritesthings.com
I may be cynical, but I think our friend Conorp is fictitious, as is his novel - excusing the puns.

ETA- nobody here is obliged to reveal their surname.

I'm also guessing that, but I'll redact the surname request forthwith - thanks for the heads-up!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Hi,

Conor

The underlined language, especially the latter phrase, reminds me of the websites linked to earlier praising Green Shore. That, plus the lack of "reviews" and the limited amount of time this thread has been around lead me, as well, to think this account may not be real.

If I'm wrong, Conor, I apologize in advance (and will apologize again once my wrongness is confirmed).

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Conor, as Bufty pointed out no-one here is under any obligation to reveal their surname. However, given GSP's dishonesty about their non-existent books I'm afraid it will take the title and ISBN of an actual book to convince us that you really are a GSP author. If the book is going to be published under your real name and you'd rather not reveal it on the thread just send me the details in a private message.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Conor?

Hello?

*crickets*

A Google search for "conorp" turned up the CEO of ResiflexUK, whose office at 6-8 Bonhill Street, EC2A 4BX is literally round the corner from GSP's mailing address at 86-90 Paul Street, EC2A 4NE. Of course this could just be a coincidence.

Last edited:

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
In particular I was searching for Layout/Internal Design and distribution and they have not disappointed.

What was it that you liked about the distribution? Can you be more specific?

As to layout and design, I'd love it if you would post an ISBN. If they can go from accepting a manuscript to finishing the production of a book with good layout and design in a week and a half, then I am duly impressed. Can you give an ISBN so that I can see their layout and design for myself?

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
turns up late, grabs seat up the back:popcorn:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Another day, another puff for GSP on an Indonesian-owned blog:

Green Shore Publishing – High Quality Production
If you are a professional writer and you actually make a living from this activity, then you surely have some marketing knowledge as well. Of course, a successful marketing campaign consists of many aspects, but one of great importance is how the final product – your actual book – looks and feels.

Not all book publishing services offer high quality production as a standard and that is exactly what can affect your sales. Regardless of how good and useful your book is, most people are not going to buy it, if the cover and the pages are made of low quality paper and the overall design is simple and sloppy.

Green Shore Publishing offers high quality production services, which means that your book will undergo a transformation that is completly unique in the industry. To be more precise, your manuscript will be edited, formatted and designed by a team of highly skilled professionals. In addition, it will also be printed and distributed with nothing but impeccable quality in mind.

To sum it all up, keep in mind that if you want your book to really stand out of the crowd and sell extremely well, you will want to have Green Shore Publishing by your side.
http://sustainabledesigncorp.org/green-shore-publishing-high-quality-production/

Either blog owner Agung Wibiwo has a better command of English than Handry Swastika or GSP supplied the copy (perhaps they learned their lesson from Handry's unfortunate misunderstanding of "the UK and Ireland's new standard in book publishing").

Look, there's even a picture!

bookman_zps8535da49.jpg

Could this be the first sighting of a Green Shore Publishing book?

*gets all excited*

Bugger. No. It was lifted from here:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/word-addin

Yes, they nicked an image used to promote Microsoft's self-publishing add-in Blurb. Classy.

I'm also intrigued by that strange URL, as there is - or was - a Sustainable Design Corporation based in California.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Ah...testimonials in the form of YouTube videos. Jack, Clive and Richard are all delighted with GSP, but they threw away an opportunity to publicize their books by failing to mention the titles. Or show us the books. Or tell us their surnames. Which was a shame, because Richard was justifiably proud of seeing his book on the shelf at Waterstones!

I was so looking forward to finding out which books these authors had written. And was it my monitor, my eyes or the low quality of the video that made Clive look as though he was appearing against a chroma keyed background?