• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Production Company] Will Entertainment

ixchel

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know any info on this literary management? Will Entertainment.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
It's not a literary agency. It's apparently a film and video production/management company with an emphasis on animation.

According to questions posted at film industry boards, the website's been "under construction" for years, and there's no information about any possible sales he's made on the Internet.

Here is the information I found about the company's principal (and possibly only staff member) Garrett Hicks:

Garrett Hicks is manager/owner of Will Entertainment, where he manages TV and film writers, animation directors, and children's authors and illustrators. Garrett got his start in the industry as a development executive with Walt Disney Feature Animation.

This is the bio he provided to a community college where he teaches a course.

If you got this information from GuideToLiteraryAgents.com, I think this is a pretty good example of how they sometimes reprint press releases without investigating the actual track records of the folks who sent them. The comment that "he's really not an agent per say [sic]" doesn't count as enough due diligence in my book.

Last edited:

Leva

Registered
Reaction score
He has zero credits on IMDB -- if he was an exec with Disney Animation, I'd expect that he would at least some.

ixchel

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I ended up getting rejected. I didn't feel that bad though as I don't know if he's really legit or not. Guide to Literary Agents just posted something else about him the other day.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Ah ha! Something I actually have knowledge of!

Small time management firm representing animators and illustrators, which is weird in this town where the majority of both are not represented (and don't need to be). I've had some peripheral contact with them. Nothing special.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Saw this on Stacy Whitman's site:

Whitman has also bought world rights to Galaxy Games by Greg Fishbone, a MG science fiction trilogy about an incoming asteroid that turns out to be an alien spaceship, visiting Earth to recruit a team of kid athletes to compete in the upcoming Galaxy Games Tournament. The first book, tentatively titled Preliminaries, will be published as part of the Tu Books launch list in fall 2011. The three-book deal was completed by Garrett Hicks of Will Entertainment.

I added the bold. It's not a huge imprint, but after two entries from Guide to Literary Agents and the announcement of a three-book deal, that seems legit to me. But I'm not as well-informed as some others on there. I'd love their opinion.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Stacy's imprint, Tu Books, accepts submissions directly from authors. I'm not saying this isn't a solid sale--I don't know much about Tu Books or its parent, Lee & Low, and don't know whether they pay advances--but the real test of an agent is getting in where authors can't--i.e., selling books to agented-only publishers.

- Victoria