• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
There's a kink though, if I may: it should be the WORST queries to win, those are the ones that need the backstage conference the most, not the best ones!!!
If it were so, I'd totally participate!!!:D

Haha, good point!

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I got a rejection today from Suzie on a full that Brendan originally requested. Oh, well, at least I don't have to worry that it got lost.

BloodMoon

Registered
Reaction score
In case anyone is waiting to hear from Colleen Lindsay, I queried her on 2/02/10 and recieved a nice Rejection in my inbox today, fast turn around. Good luck to anyone else still waiting to hear, she seems like a very nice person with a great sense of humor (according to her Twitter posts).

Jane

EASchechter

Pervy Fetish Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ladysmith.dreamwidth.org
In case anyone is waiting to hear from Colleen Lindsay, I queried her on 2/02/10 and recieved a nice Rejection in my inbox today, fast turn around. Good luck to anyone else still waiting to hear, she seems like a very nice person with a great sense of humor (according to her Twitter posts).

Jane

She is! I'm looking forward to having something else to send to her, because she was so nice in her pass of my first piece (offering concrete reasons why she was passing, rather than just "No, thank you."). After a year of pass... pass... pass... having a real reason why someone was passing was heartening. And having her ask to see anything else I had was a great ego-boost. Now I just need to FINISH it!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms.Lindsay today. From the comments in this thread,I made a good choice.

Wish me luck!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a question myself. I've got Colleen Lindsay on my list, but I just received my rejection from Janet Reid. Is it in poor taste to send it this early? Should I wait a couple of weeks, or do you think it doesn't matter too much after a rejection. I know Janet Reid often says it's okay to query others in the agency, I just don't want to offend anyone in the process.

BloodMoon

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty27 - Good luck with your query to Ms. Lindsay, she's what I call a dream agent.:)

Katie - I normally wait at least one week after a rejection before querying another agent at the same agency, but that is just me. Good luck to you either way you decide to go. ;)

Jane

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I really think it's fine at Fine Print - it doesn't sound like they pass the queries around.

That's the impression I had as well. Thanks guys. :D

Kitty--I'm sure you'll get something next time. :) Rejections suck haha. I'll send mine off now and let you know how long mine takes. ;)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Cow, Ms. Lindsay is fast! I sent one off this afternoon and just heard back from her, so that was just a few hours later. Dang. Rejection, of course. Otherwise this would be saying, "Weee!" (which is actually what goes onto my chart...)

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
OMG Suzie requested a full today! I sent the query yesterday!

*struggles to breathe*

Last edited:

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Hey y'all!
I queried Colleen yesterday and she responded within a few minutes asking for the full book proposal. :D She sent along a pdf on how to format the proposal so I spent the afternoon making sure it was to the letter and off it went. She's awesome!

This morning, I was contacted by a reporter looking for more information on the book I haven't sold yet, lol. Good sign, eh?

Good luck to everyone!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Colleen has tweeted that she is caught up on queries through Feb 10. Also she tweeted that she will soon be closed to queries again.

ejwriter

lurk & learn
Registered
Reaction score
got a lightning fast and very polite form rejection from colleen lindsay thursday. was still sending out my first batch of queries when i got her response! haha. :)

i also got a form rejection from daniel lazar at writers house. there are other agents at both agencies that i would very much like to query. what is the etiquette for how long to wait before submitting to another agent at the same house?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
For those specific two, I turn around almost immediately to query.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Colleen's looking for "strong, thought-provoking non-paranormal YA queries." She's been tweeting some examples this morning of things she'd like to see.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I sent to Janet who says she's my fan *blush*. I knew it wasn't for her but gave her first shot anyway. She totally understood and referred me to Stephany who declined.

That was about a month ago. I figured what the heck and queried Colleen today. A 15 minute rejection.

I wonder how many more FinePrint agents I can query before they decide to have me arrested LOL.