• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

I got pubbed but I don't want people to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huu

Can't wait till the draft's done...
Registered
Reaction score
Basically, I got pubbed in a small literary magazine; however, I am used to receiving a contract beforehand. I instead was pubbed automatically. I'm really not into the piece now, and it shows on a cursory Google search. Is there any way of...removing it other than contacting the webmaster?

huu

Registered
Reaction score
They never contacted you? Was it for payment?

They contacted me to tell me they'd put it up online. This was unpaid.

I've only had scenarios where people will contact me asking if the work is still available or not, sign, payment, etc.

I've gone through the pro- and semi-pro process. So I found it somewhat curious that my piece was suddenly up without a final consent.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Best bet is to get more Google results so this is pushed down the results list.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
You submitted, they published. That's how it works.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Why did you turn it in if you weren't happy with it? Did you think it would not be published, or were you assuming that you'd have a chance to do revisions before it was put up?

Either way, I'm not totally sure there's a lot you could do about it now. You could write them and ask if they would be willing to take it down, but that would probably be pretty confusing since you submitted it.

huu

Registered
Reaction score
Why did you turn it in if you weren't happy with it? Did you think it would not be published, or were you assuming that you'd have a chance to do revisions before it was put up?

Either way, I'm not totally sure there's a lot you could do about it now. You could write them and ask if they would be willing to take it down, but that would probably be pretty confusing since you submitted it.

It only came after the fact. I thought I had put in all my withdrawals but apparently not.

I've honestly never been pubbed without a final consent run being done, to be honest. There's always something to sign or payment to figure out so.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
it shows on a cursory Google search.

Are you doing a search on the name you write under? If so, like Buffysquirrel said, get your name in other places on the web to push that result down. Now might be a good time to start that blog. :) In any case, have something out there that you create to maintain control of your online identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.