A Life of Crime and Chocolate

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Been a while since I was in, so I need to catch up.

French, that sounds like quite an ordeal after everything Blake's been through. Here's hoping it's ok.

Z, I keep having this mental image of your oncologist as a black-and-white person in a full-colour movie (like the opposite of Schindler's List). They are a serious downer. At this stage, only kneecapping will do. Perhaps you could write them into your next book... (now I have a mental image of them being Fraser from Dad's Army, saying "We're all doooooooomed". Then an anvil drops on their head.)

muse, hugs coming your way. Alzheimers is such an evil disease for what it does. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. :Hug2:

My dad was in hospital yesterday and had a small spot of cancerous tissue removed from his ear. There's another bit on his forehead they're going to cut out, but fingers crossed that will be it. Like a true Welshman, he was joking to me that he's rotting away. Yikes! :D

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
French - best of luck for Friday. I didn't have to have the mask but I did have to have the big wax sheet over my chest, something to do with spreading the radiation out across the wound I had or something. He's a wee trooper and I hope it's not too bad or uncomfortable for him. When I had my planning CT I was sure they were playing knots and crosses on me, they spent so much time drawing on my chest, and came out multicoloured!

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Good luck on Friday, French. :Hug2:

I may be off line for a bit myself. My dad has been taken to hospital and, as he has Alzheimer's, one of us has to stay with him 24/7

I plan to take lots of chocolate.:D

Sorry to hear that, Muse. Let us know if you need us to air-ship you more chocolate.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Keeping you in my thoughts, muse and French.

My own problems seem pretty tiny in comparison...

I've been pretty stressed out lately due to baseball (I love my Sox, but I never want to work during the World Series again) and Halloween and my rat having a tumor and lots of other crap. In addition we've been having trouble with our internet provider and while I was on the phone with them today I kind of lost it and told them we'd take our business elsewhere. However, after shopping around I had to come to the sad conclusion that they still remain the only viable option for us. Are they going to think I'm a total idiot if we stick with them or won't they remember?

</firstworldproblems>

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Muse, I'm so sorry. How stressful. ::sends chocolate::

Hope your dad is okay muse.

Thanks HJ

muse, hugs coming your way. Alzheimers is such an evil disease for what it does. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. :Hug2:

My dad was in hospital yesterday and had a small spot of cancerous tissue removed from his ear. There's another bit on his forehead they're going to cut out, but fingers crossed that will be it. Like a true Welshman, he was joking to me that he's rotting away. Yikes! :D

Sorry to hear that, Muse. Let us know if you need us to air-ship you more chocolate.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, guys, unfortunately the news wasn't good.

Air-ships of chocolate would do nicely, vagough.:D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
muse - :Hug2:

--

*sigh* I know I always come in here and complain but lately I've just been totally and completely out of sorts. I just don't feel like myself, emotionally speaking. I just feel so out of my normal headspace. Every little thing seems to upset me or make me angry. Plus I just feel down/sad. It's just seeming lately that everything that could go wrong has been. I just feel out of it, and I don't know how to get back to me. :(

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Not been on much as I am recovering with dizzyness, again. But getting there with my recovery.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* I know I always come in here and complain but lately I've just been totally and completely out of sorts. I just don't feel like myself, emotionally speaking. I just feel so out of my normal headspace. Every little thing seems to upset me or make me angry. Plus I just feel down/sad. It's just seeming lately that everything that could go wrong has been. I just feel out of it, and I don't know how to get back to me. :(

Sending you hugs, Silver. :Hug2:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sending you hugs, Silver. :Hug2:

And hoping you feel better soon, Mr Mitchell.

ETA: Ooops. Double post.:eek:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Silver - wish I could help you feel better. Hope you find an answer soon and things start to look up. Here I'm fighting off my own lousy mood with chocolate and black cherry cake. I'll see if I can figure out how to email some if that'd do :)

Mr Mitchell - ((hugs)) hope you feel better soon.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Silver.

:Hug2: Mr Mitchell.

I am having one heck of a week myself. Hugs help.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
It does sound like a rough week for everyone. I hope November treats everyone better.

Muse - I'm sorry about your dad. Alzheimer's is such an evil disease.

And I'd like to see or participate in the knee-capping. I get that some doctors don't have a good bedside. But it would be nice if they had enough self-awareness to choose their field more wisely. Work in pathology. I'm an attorney. People don't really expect me to be nice. But I like to think they're pleasantly surprised when I turn out to be something other than a total jackwagon.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:Hope everyone is feeling better soon :Hug2:

This is the first week in nearly a whole year where we don't have any hospital appointments.
I'm relishing in it. Oh the freedom to sit down and do absolutely nothing.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I am jealous, French. I went to a gig last night and should have been home by 1, which would have been bad enough, but there were delays on the trains which meant it took an hour longer. Even setting my alarms as late as I could, I got just four hours in bed.

Right now even just a morning of doing nothing sounds lovely!

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Things just got worse. Now I have the runs and this is soon after the dizzyness had gone away.