• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Congrats so much!
My first full length novel comes out from Samhain in December and my shorter published fiction is published elsewhere so I'm new to Samhain too. I have the cover art for Wicked Wonderland already as you can see. lol

Gorgeous cover! I'm jealous that you have yours already. ;)

Welcome to another Samhain newbie!

Count me in as another December release from Samhain! :D All The King's Horses will be out on Dec 25th. This will be my 10th Samhain book, 2nd under my pen name Lauren Gallagher, and I freaking LOVE THIS COMPANY. <3

(Side note -- if y'all want to do some cross-promo, blog hops, whatever, hit me up)

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
Count me in as another December release from Samhain! :D All The King's Horses will be out on Dec 25th. This will be my 10th Samhain book, 2nd under my pen name Lauren Gallagher, and I freaking LOVE THIS COMPANY. <3

(Side note -- if y'all want to do some cross-promo, blog hops, whatever, hit me up)

I would love that! When it gets closer to December, I'll contact you.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Coming up on 16 weeks of silence from Samhain. I assume that's a no. :tongue

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I was at a Samhain session at RWA this week. They acknowledge being a bit behind
Right now, but welcome nudges at 16 weeks.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Coming up on 16 weeks of silence from Samhain. I assume that's a no. :tongue

Not at all. I'm at 19 weeks. I spoke to their submissions coordinator at RWA on Friday and she thought I should have received a response by now and was going to check into it. But she indicated things are a little behind. Everyone should receive a response one way or another.

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
I also nudged them on the Horror front. I received an email from a nice lady stating that there should be an answer in the next week. Here's to hoping...:)

Lordofthehunt

Registered
Reaction score
I also nudged them on the Horror front. I received an email from a nice lady stating that there should be an answer in the next week. Here's to hoping...:)

When did you submit? Just curious as I submitted to Don at the end of March, and I'm curious to see how backed up they are. Thanks.

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone ever submitted and chased a publisher after the response time had expired, only to be told: sorry they had overlooked your project, but it has now been referred to the appropriate imprint. Is that a good sign (this was from an extremely reputable establishment), should I presume the worst? :(

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone ever submitted and chased a publisher after the response time had expired, only to be told: sorry they had overlooked your project, but it has now been referred to the appropriate imprint. Is that a good sign (this was from an extremely reputable establishment), should I presume the worst? :(

What's "the worst"?

I would assume an out-and-out rejection would be the worst, and I don't think reputable establishments are afraid of just giving those. So if they're saying something other than "no thanks", I would assume that they haven't yet assessed the MS and there's still a chance they'll accept it.

Or, maybe "the worst" means that the publisher is horribly disorganized and doesn't care about submissions. If you're talking about Samhain, I can say that hasn't been my experience with them, and it isn't their reputation.

So... annoying for you, but I wouldn't take it as anything other than an aggravating glitch in the process.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I've had two "oh crap, we misplaced your manuscript!" emails that ultimately turned into contract offers. Basically, it's not a "no" until it's a "no."

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
My manuscript was in limbo for 21 weeks. I had lovely email exchanges with the assistant editor over it, but I pulled the book in favor of subbing a better one instead. She gave me the thumbs up ;-)
They are a fantastic company and I would love to get the second manuscript published at Samhain. It's a mix of horror and urban fantasy, but loaded with gallows humor. Not their usual fair, but fingers crossed they enjoy it. Going on three weeks sub time.

christygis

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry about that Para! I'm expecting my R anyday now. Aging out to 15 weeks on Sunday.

StirtheStars

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be hitting the 20 week wait mark tomorrow. Trying to decide if I should nudge. From what I've seen, they're typically running this far behind their 12-16 week listed response time. The one time I nudged a different publisher, I didn't get a response, just a form R two weeks later, so I'm wondering if nudging is even worth it.

Anyone else close to the 20 week mark?

yendor1152

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I submitted my first novel evah to Samhain on July 19th. I received a personal response of receipt from Imogen. Nudged them about two weeks back, and Imogen responded again and said I should hear something soon. Nothing so far. I'm on week 17! Well, as they say, no news is good news, right? Or am I just delusional?!

yendor1152

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
So, I'm curious--there were several people here waiting for word from Samhain about their submissions. What's the status?