Thinking over stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really have any advice to offer, Max, except to say that I hope things work out for you and that you do find that special someone for you.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
So many romantic relationships fail because the people who enter into them do not understand the give and take of a genuine friendship. Friendship is the kindergarten of romantic love. You'll get there Max--s6

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry things didn't work out, max. Things will work out and you will find someone who loves you for you

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Max. She's dealing with a lot right now. Honestly, it's difficult if not impossible to love someone else if you don't (and can't) fully love yourself. She has to focus on herself.

But, you, ah...if you were twice as old as you are...

You're going to make a great catch for someone someday soon.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
She was very clear that she simply doesn't do long-distance relationships and that it was unrelated to her transition, but I can imagine it doesn't make things easier to her.

I don't want to make it sound like a friendship is a consolation price and, after some flirting here and there, it's something of a relief knowing I can still share time with someone as wonderful as her without feeling preassure that things are turning romantic. It's just that she has gone through so many stuff (major fallout with her family, moving to a new state without knowing anyone there, an abusive relationship) and part of me wished she could always be happy, healthy and safe.

But then again, I don't want be that guy. You know, that clingy, possesive guy who sees romantic partners as goals to accomplish. I've seen way too much that here in Venezuela and a long time ago I told myself to never become that. If anything, the problem here is seeing something that perhaps wasn't there. So it goes.

You're not a bad catch yourself, Diana. ;) No doubt you will meet someone soon enough!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was very clear that she simply doesn't do long-distance relationships and that it was unrelated to her transition, but I can imagine it doesn't make things easier to her.

I don't want to make it sound like a friendship is a consolation price and, after some flirting here and there, it's something of a relief knowing I can still share time with someone as wonderful as her without feeling preassure that things are turning romantic. It's just that she has gone through so many stuff (major fallout with her family, moving to a new state without knowing anyone there, an abusive relationship) and part of me wished she could always be happy, healthy and safe.

But then again, I don't want be that guy. You know, that clingy, possesive guy who sees romantic partners as goals to accomplish. I've seen way too much that here in Venezuela and a long time ago I told myself to never become that. If anything, the problem here is seeing something that perhaps wasn't there. So it goes.

You're not a bad catch yourself, Diana. ;) No doubt you will meet someone soon enough!

I think I'm done with love, Max, in all honesty. And I'm far too annoying for anyone to put up with for any length of time. But, thank you.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
After over three months of talking almost every day, I decided to hint things. Things got quite flirtly and tonight she told me she just couldn't do long-distance relationships.

I now have a good friend who I deeply care about and there's still a world of strangers out there...

I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted, Max. But you have a good friend there and they are rare in this world.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thank you, Miranda. we're in a strange point at the moment. Though we both agree that a relationship is not the best idea, we still talk pretty much every day and support each other. I'm not the kind of person who talks with someone everyday and, as far as I can see, she's not either. So, as far as I can tell, this is very unsual to the two of us.

On one hand, she's a great friend who I felt was lonely and needed someone to talk and I know this because I was too and needed someone to talk too. We complement each other in that way. But on the other hand, I worry if this not-quite-a-relationship will hurt us in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.