Surprise!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Back story: My wife received this box of chocolates a while back. They were oblong pieces about 2 inches by a half or three quarters of an inch wide, about the size of two joints on my finger (but since you've never seen my fingers that probably doesn't help) and each is encrusted with crumbled nuts, almond or cashew, wrapped in foil. So this morning, there only two left. I threw the box away and set the two, one partially out of its foil, on the counter.

We have 5 pets. Three cats and 2 dogs, one of whom is a known counter surfer.

This morning as we were getting ready to go, I noticed one of the chocolates we in the hall between the kitchen and living room. I was like, "How did this get here? I'll bet a cat knocked it off the counter and a dog brought it here and we interrupted them from their feast."

So I picked it up. It wasn't a chocolate. It was a cat turd sprinkled with kitty litter.

Aargh!

So after scrubbing my hands in bleach....

I wonder how that got there. The.litter pans are in the basement, so either a cat carried it up (unlikely) or a dog did (more likely) hoping to savor his treat but again we interrupted him. And by do dogs eat cat poop anyway? Ew.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful surprise. Eww.

Yes, dogs eat cat poop.

Another theory. Kitty might have been sitting when he/she went and the poop was stuck and fell off later. Less than pleasant thought, but it has happened with ours.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
You've never heard of klingons? Or "cling ons?" Sometimes my cat decides to do a crazy run around the house, and his poop clings to the fur on his butt, dislodging somewhere in the upstairs hall.

Yes, some dogs might have the irresistible urge to try out those little delicacies on occasion. Maybe one tried it and decided it wasn't chocolate LOL

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
My theory: poltergeist with a sense of humor.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've heard of them. I'm not sure how they'd have managed to roll it completely in litter while stuck to their butt and then bring it upstairs though. That takes talent.

They sit and scoot to try and get it off. Yeah, I've had too many cats for way too long.

Michele AKA Twig

Lurking In The Corner...
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, the delicate pieces of a freshly minted turd scattered across the carpet. Been there so many times, I no-longer think about it.

I heard somewhere (damn if I remember where though) that dogs like cat poop because of the higher fat content. On the other hand, my dog will eat pretty much any poop except her own, which she treats like the plague.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Alternate theory -

One or more of the dogs saw the chocolates, or you guys eating the chocolates, and thought, 'oh, they like kitty poo too! That's why they go scoop it out of the box!'

This morning, one or more dogs either saw the chocolate stash was getting low or just felt very loving and thought they'd bring you up a morning snack, so you didn't have to go downstairs and scoop one yourself.

Voila.