Woman repeatedly complains about transgender woman in gym locker room, gets the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2015/03/transgender_members_welcome_in.html

After taking her complaints to Planet Fitness' corporate office, (Yvette) Cormier said she was told that the gym was a "no judgement zone" and they would not tell the individual in question to stay out of the women's locker room. The person has not been identified.

The slogan "Judgement Free Zone" is regularly used by Planet Fitness.

A statement released by McCall Gosselin, public relations director for Planet Fitness, states that members can use the locker room corresponding with their personal gender identity.
My favorite part:
"I feel it's kind of one sided," Cormier said about the policy. "I feel like I am the one who is being punished."
BUTCHA AH, BLANCHE! YA AH THE ONE BEIN' PUNISHED!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, booyah!

Usher

Registered
Reaction score
Yep she got punished ;) Break the rules of the gym and that's what happens.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought Planet Fitness was a bit of a joke when it came to training i.e. no grunting and 'lunk alarms', but this one time, they got it right. Good for them.

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good on you, Planet Fitness, for enforcing your "no judgment zone" policy.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
What I love about the transgenders-in-the-locker-room/restroom hysteria, is the idea that some man fooled the doctors and went through all the trouble, expense, and pain of having his dick removed just for the opportunity to sit in the next stall while you pee or cast an eye at your soggy ass peeling out of your bathing suit.

Get over yourself.

(Of course, the above was an appalling oversimplification of the physiological and psychological toll of the process - both before and after transition. It's just an illustration of the tiny-mindedness of some strain of dimbulb that can't extend empathy to a torture they can't imagine.)

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Im%C3%A1genes-de-los-simpsons.jpg

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
This made me all giddy and happy inside. What a pleasant start to the weekend! :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also like how other woman wasn't identified in the article. Gives her a little privacy so she won't experience any more harassment.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought Planet Fitness was a bit of a joke when it came to training i.e. no grunting and 'lunk alarms', but this one time, they got it right. Good for them.
Yeah. For a "judgment free" zone, they sure are judgmental of fit people.

It's great to hear about this, though. It's hilarious the cisgender woman is complaining about how she feels like she's the one being punished. She harassed another patron! When management told her to stop, she outright told them she wasn't going to! What did she expect?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to express gratitude to the posters in this thread. I've visited some other forums with a thread on this incident and the villains elsewhere are the transwoman and Planet Fitness...I love the smell of ignorant hate in the morning, but I love the smell of tolerance here much better! Thank you all!

And thanks to Mac for giving us this place!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. For a "judgment free" zone, they sure are judgmental of fit people.

It's great to hear about this, though. It's hilarious the cisgender woman is complaining about how she feels like she's the one being punished. She harassed another patron! When management told her to stop, she outright told them she wasn't going to! What did she expect?
---

Well, yeah, what DID that woman expect? She rags on another person who just happened to be transgendered. She harassed that person, screamed about it, and she's the victim? I just can't see it.

PF really wouldn't be my choice of a gym, to be honest. In a gym, the idea for a semi-serious trainer is to lift progressively heavier weights and yeah, I grunt and swear (sometimes) when I train, so I wouldn't fit in well in that milieu. Pizza Night ain't my idea of promoting fitness, either. Still, this time, PF did uphold it's policy of being non-judgmental in only the best way.

evilrooster

Wicked chicken
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunpig.com
What I love about the transgenders-in-the-locker-room/restroom hysteria, is the idea that some man fooled the doctors and went through all the trouble, expense, and pain of having his dick removed changing his whole life to live as a woman just for the opportunity to sit in the next stall while you pee or cast an eye at your soggy ass peeling out of your bathing suit.

FWIW, it's not the surgery that makes the difference. Changing your external appearance and how you "read" socially is the high hurdle, whether or you've had surgery yet/at all. Going through all of your world and telling everyone that you're female, putting up with all the miserable pronoun screwups, risking being beaten up or murdered for being trans: from what I hear, these are the things that break trans people's hearts and wear them down.

(And policing people's genitals, not so much.)

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, it's not the surgery that makes the difference. Changing your external appearance and how you "read" socially is the high hurdle, whether or you've had surgery yet/at all. Going through all of your world and telling everyone that you're female, putting up with all the miserable pronoun screwups, risking being beaten up or murdered for being trans: from what I hear, these are the things that break trans people's hearts and wear them down.

Yeah, all that stuff helped a lot, but the surgery was what made the difference for me, though I know many don't want or need it. And yeah, that other stuff sucks, but people policing my genitals? yeah, that sucks too. FWIW.

evilrooster

Wicked chicken
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunpig.com
Yeah, all that stuff helped a lot, but the surgery was what made the difference for me, though I know many don't want or need it. And yeah, that other stuff sucks, but people policing my genitals? yeah, that sucks too. FWIW.

I stand corrected, and thank you for the input.

I mostly wanted to kind of back off of the idea that the surgery is a kind of universal watershed.

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I saw this popping up on my feed on Facebook and being the hysterical area I'm in, there were a multitude of comments of how creepers could claim they were transgender to gain access to the women's locker room and "do some serious damage" including seeing women in various states of undress.

I would love to respond to the hysteria that says if we never did anything that could be broken as rule, we'd never do anything (such as drive -- people break those rules all the time), but I couldn't for fear of losing my cool, which doesn't help anyone.

First and foremost, I'd love for America to get over its weird habits around nudity.

But I was wondering what some good responses would be to these kinds of stupid statement. It is possible someone could abuse the rules, it happens with everything, but really how likely is it? That's not my fear, for sure.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
She feels Planet Fitness could provide a third locker room for transgender people.
LOL yeah, because all transgender people identify the same way... Put a trans man and a trans woman in one locker room then?

I also love how that bimbo emphasizes that SHE is the one being punished. It sounds like she's implying that the trans person deserves some kind of punishment for not feeling the gender this woman wants her to. Good thing she was kicked out. Stupid peoples' health shouldn't be promoted lest they breed.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I saw this popping up on my feed on Facebook and being the hysterical area I'm in, there were a multitude of comments of how creepers could claim they were transgender to gain access to the women's locker room and "do some serious damage" including seeing women in various states of undress.

I keep seeing this argument used against transgenders, from small children on up, a visceral disgust clearly aimed solely against trans women, never trans men, which always uses the example of toilets and locker rooms and always assumes that men will lie about being transgender to ... I don't know what, magically prey on women in toilets and locker rooms? Which are clearly lawless areas where women are free to be raped with no help or repercussion by any man who can gain access to the magic naked woman room?

Seriously, I am insulted on so many levels on so many people's behalfs.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I think there's also this idea that...women won't notice a complete jackass oogling them in the locker room?

Because, honestly, I think I can tell the difference between a transwoman wanting to change her clothes or use the toilet and a jackass who thinks he can put on a dress to come see some bare T&A for his jollies.

Usher

Registered
Reaction score
I always thought we could have another changing room for those identifying as bigots.

Our local council has dealt with the issue by using unisex changing rooms. And in nearly twenty years of using unisex changing rooms I've never once been ogled by any straight man or lesbian woman. At the moment that probably has more to do with the bright orange swimsuit my husband bought for me and the weight I've put on than anyone trying to be decent. Although you can't miss the swimsuit.

Last edited:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I think there's also this idea that...women won't notice a complete jackass oogling them in the locker room?

Because, honestly, I think I can tell the difference between a transwoman wanting to change her clothes or use the toilet and a jackass who thinks he can put on a dress to come see some bare T&A for his jollies.

No, no, wimmenz is shy, modest, dim woodland creatures, ready prey for all those clever rapey cross-dressing gentlemen only pretending to be ladies that fevered imaginations seem to spend remarkable amounts of time fantasizing sweaty fantasies about.

It's as gross as all the heavy-breathing sweaty fantasizing a generation or two back about what would happen if black folk were allowed to live among white folk. Ye gods.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com

And also, I put a qualifier at the end of my post specifically stating that I was oversimplifying for effect - to mirror the dimwittedness of the complainant in these types of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.