Laverne, you around?

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Lavoine, I miss your "Monthly" threads. We--or at least, I--need you to make up dat dere tred about things you hate and things you love in the semi-merry month of April. Calling Laverne.........!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh!

Can a girl take a break up in here????? :sleepy:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But just who IS Lavern...

WHO IS LAVERN?
Let's say you get fed up with the way someone is acting or talking and you’re about to go ballistic and you tell 'em: "You need to sit down and shut up!"

You just Laverned them.

Or,

You're in a romantic mood, and you're about to get cuddly with your significant other....You're getting ready to Lavern them

Or,

You're feeling tired and cranky and all you wanna do is be alone and take a nap ...

Yep, you're getting ready to go and Lavern.

You get the picture?

Laverning is whatever you need it to be at any particular moment...

It can be a feisty, sarcastic remark - It can be a pop upside the head, or it can be a hug, a kiss or a pinch on the butt.

That's the glorious thing about Lavern – She can be a person, a place or a thing...

Kinda like a crazy, neurotic, mish-mash of wonder, amazement, fear, spirituality, fun, adventure, and love.

In other words,

When Lavern's phone rings at 3:00 in the morning, it's either:

a.) The Pope seeking her wisdom and advice (again)
b.) Vera Wang asking her to look at a few of her "sketches"
c.) The Cooking Channel begging for her Million Dollar Pecan Pie recipe (again)...or
d.) The Most Interesting Man in the World calling to say "I'm bored, let's do something crazy."

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Oh cool, I now do feel more illuminated. AH! Friggin' mystery has been bugging me for decades.

I was in Rome long ago, in Vatican Square, some guy next to me sez, "Brah, I'm confused as all get-out."

"Oh I'm so sorry. Did you get on the wrong tour bus and expect to be in Giza, Egypt?"

"I did get on the wrong bus and this is also not my wife, but that's not important right now. Up there on the balustrade I see Lavern - who the hell is the guy next to her in the robes and big Hat?"