Just something I've wondered,

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I haven't been reading comics for a while, but are there any poetry comics that exist?

While Count Cain wasn't exactly poetry, it seemed to come close as far as it's general stylization.

Or maybe I'm just a weirdo that likes Haiku boxes, that could be it too.

I'm thinking where there is as much attention placed on the wording of the dialogue box itself, having them share the work with a panel through a word sparing format.

Specifically where a Sen-ryu says one thing, but the panel may suggest something ironic or the opposite.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
There's lots of poetry comics, though they're outnumbered by a lot of other things. Bill Waterson (of Calvin & Hobbes fame) frequently coupled his comics with poetry.

I've dabbled, too. This comic was meant to be a topper to an arc where Sawyer (the male) graphito'd a school wall to impress Shu (the girl). She hated it until she found out he'd done it, and then used her chemistry skills to... well, do what the comic shows.

I'm not great at poetry, so I don't try to make one into a comic very often though. I suspect that's the case for a lot of comickeers. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.